Shure E4 and What Portable Amp
Nov 21, 2006 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

backtofront001

100+ Head-Fier
I am going to be buying a portable amp this christmas and I am very confused as to what will sound best with my E4's.

I am looking at the
1) Tomahawk -- very sexy looking amp, not heard too much about it; steep price
2) GoVibev5 -- seems like every one has one, dont know how it would pair with the E4's; good price
3) Xin Supermicro -- read good reviews, however not read good things about customer service

Please recommend more amps if u think they would work better...thanks

PS: This will be my first amp and I will also be buying an ALO iPod Dock Cable

Nov 21, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 9
im in the same boat
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #4 of 9
I am using a pa2v2 with my ihp120 and e4s w/tri-flanges and i just love the sound. Very alive with great bass punch and awesome mids. Also using an IC that cost just as much as the amp tho
etysmile.gif

Nov 22, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #5 of 9
if you are looking for ultra portable i highly recommend the supermicro. great sound and very small, i got mine used so no long wait. the go vibe is a solid sounding amp and the price is right, a good choice but a little big for me to lug around.

Nov 22, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #7 of 9
I will second the supermicro which has good synergy with e4c. Very musical and one of the best portable amps at reproducing percussion, maybe THE best. I own the go-vibe as well and especially with the shures I prefer the -micro. Be prepared to wait but the wait is well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back