Shure E3s incorrectly packaged? How many foam tips?
Aug 31, 2004 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Trounce

500+ Head-Fier
Well, here's my story. I did a bunch of research, and based on my music tastes, decided to try the E3s to see if canal phones are for me.

Now, the best seal I can get is with the foamies, but here is the problem: on the box it says 6 pairs flex sleeves (S, M, L) and 3 pairs foam sleeves (S, M, L). I assume that means 3 pairs silicone flex sleeves, 3 pairs clear plastic sleeves and 3 pairs foam sleeves. Well, packaged I have 3 clear plastic sleeves, one pair yellow foamies of seamingly different sizes, though it could just be that one has not expanded as much as the other after being squeezed, and 4 grey silicone sleeves (one small, two medium and one large). The thing is, the phones came with a pair of medium silicone sleeves already on the nozzle.

Altogether, the package says 9 pairs of sleeves altogether, or 18 sleeves. I have 16 altogether, two pairs too few foamies, and one too many silicone. Anyone else have this experience? The package seemed unopened when I bought it and I got it from a respectable dealer.

Thanks.

Aug 31, 2004 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 5
I've purchased the E3s twice and both times received the exact number, and kinds, of tips as you did. Actually, the foamies for the E3s are one size and you should only get one pair. There's no such thing as S, M, or L like there is for the E2. In short, everything is fine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
I've purchased the E3s twice and both times received the exact number, and kinds, of tips as you did.

Ditto.

Aug 31, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 5
ditto again. One pair of each size silicone, one pair of each pair soft flex + 1 medium pair on earphone, and 1 pair of yellow foam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back