Shure e3c's: grey or white?
Dec 19, 2004 at 4:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

iriverdrownsipod

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I have finally decided to get the Shure E3c's but want to take a quick opinions poll: What color- grey or white?

I know the color has nothing to do with how they function, but I just wanted to know- should I go with ipod white (wow look at me, people think I have an ipod- even though I have a superior Iriver H12-since my headphones are white, please mug me now) or grey (inconspicuous, ugly?).

Thanks!

Dec 19, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 22
White does attract attention. People see white earphone, think iPod.

Although, the white body with the charcoal-colored strain relief sleeves and cables looks really nice.

The gray... hard to find at low price. Most of the places that have E3c at sub-150 only have the white, which is what I've got. I think I'll mod mine and paint them all black. XD

Dec 19, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #4 of 22
I preffer gray solely because you will be less likely to be mugged due to this.

I am also planning on buying E3's but since the gray is hard to find...

I thinking about emailing headroom, to see if they have any gray ones or if they could possibly procure a shippment.

Dec 19, 2004 at 5:09 AM Post #5 of 22
Actually, the E3c comes only in white. The E3 (without the "c") comes in grey.

Also, the difference between the two is marketing: The grey version is marketed to professional musicians (and is sold primarily at DJ/Pro Audio shops), while the white version is marketed as consumer upgrades (and thus sold at the better audio specialty stores and some electronics superstores).

Dec 19, 2004 at 5:12 AM Post #6 of 22
I stand corrected
etysmile.gif

Grey is winning...

Dec 19, 2004 at 8:30 AM Post #8 of 22
Grey doesn't stand out as much, which is a good thing for me. Every place I checked that sells both the E3 and E3C has them for the same price; I got mine for around $130.

Dec 19, 2004 at 9:25 AM Post #9 of 22
I'm getting the E3c's for xmas. I would have got the E3's (Grey) but I couldn't find them cheap on Ebay, so I got the E3c's (White) instead. ended up being £82.97 (Cost £120 in UK shops) so I'm very happy
biggrin.gif
... Still gotta wait a week till I can use them though
mad.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 9:55 AM Post #10 of 22
Gray. White is too conspicuous. I've got an iPod, but would never wear a white pair of earphones or buds or canalphones. I've considered buying some of the E3C's when they were on sale for cheap, but the white color has always held me back. I really don't like the white color of my iPod either, but I didn't have much choice there (I needed 40GB).

-Keith

Dec 19, 2004 at 10:45 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by meithkiller
Gray. White is too conspicuous. I've got an iPod, but would never wear a white pair of earphones or buds or canalphones. I've considered buying some of the E2C's when they were on sale for cheap, but the white color has always held me back. I really don't like the white color of my iPod either, but I didn't have much choice there (I needed 40GB).

-Keith

E3c's you mean? The E2's aren't that white.

[size=xx-small]EDIT: okay, maybe they are.[/size]

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:39 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by sigma
E3c's you mean? The E2's aren't that white.

[size=xx-small]EDIT: okay, maybe they are.[/size]

My bad, that's what I get for posting so soon after I woke up. I did mean E3C's. I did buy a pair of E2C's awhile back, and they are good, decent sound and comfort with a lot less microphonics than the Ety ER6 and ER4 canalphones I've owned.

-Keith

Dec 19, 2004 at 12:20 PM Post #13 of 22
Sounds to me like your anti-iPod and proud of it.

To stay away from the iPod look, buy the gray. The white earphones scream iPod.

Jim

Dec 27, 2004 at 6:36 PM Post #15 of 22
Thank you everyone for either voting of posting your opinion. I decided to order the grey ones, because I am proudly anti-Ipod (more bang for your buck with Irivers!) and anti-mugging (ChickenScrtchBoy). I also felt like being more subtle, so grey was a good choice.

Burning them in as I type, so hopefully I will be enjoying them soon!
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back