Shure e3c vs Denon 1001k
Sep 1, 2008 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Zalken

100+ Head-Fier
not much of an audiophile >_<, but I was wondering how the shure e3c's compared to the denon 1001k by sound quality, comfort, value for its price and so on

I listen to mostly rock and electronica/techno/trance music

Sep 1, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEMs v Full-sized? Hmm...have you tried either kind of headphones before? That's the first question: Do you prefer IEMs or full-sized cans?

ya I have one of each the denon c351k and the grado sr60

to tell u the truth, I like them both about equally (and I'm not willing to spend that much money headphones.... at least now... maybe later when I get a better job)

IEMs provide very good isolation, are good for portability reasons, and I can put only one ear in when I still need to hear what is around me but suffer from jarring and lack of comfort

the closed full sized ones on the other hand are much more comfortable for me, provide decent isolation, and I can still walk around with them, but they are kinda a bish to pack

Sep 1, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 6
So, you already have a pair of canalphones and a pair of open headphones. The Denons are terrible to pack: no foldability. But they are terribly comfortable. And they sound great. at least to me, though others do agree. (The ones with deeper pockets go for the D2000s). I agree with feh1325's assessment, kind of: If you go for canalphones/IEMs, you can do better than the Shures at the price point. But then, I've never been a fan of the Shure sound (or maybe it's the fit. Hard to tell...).

Sep 1, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 6
On sound quality alone the Denons win hands down. They are far more comfortable (since you don't have to stick anything in your ear), and can be had as cheaply.

Guess that means the D1001s win. right? I think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back