Shure E3C for $118
Dec 27, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenScrtchBoy
From what users here say, eCost sells damaged merchendise.

I have had no problem with them in the past. Will find out when I get my E3cs I guess! Can't see how these would be "damaged". They are sold as new and with Shure's 2-yr warranty, so I'm not concerned.

Dec 27, 2004 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 12
No, they are selling broken merchendise, planning on picking up on overpriced shipping and their 15% restocking fee.
eek.gif

Dec 27, 2004 at 9:50 AM Post #8 of 12
I've ordered and received several items from eCost in the last couple of months. Never had a problem with anything I ordered, including several sets of headphones. I'd recommend them.

-Keith

Dec 27, 2004 at 3:16 PM Post #9 of 12
Their "limited time/quantity" is the scam part. After it goes down to a certain amount of time/merchandise left, it goes up again mysteriously...as long as it's selling well, but not too well. Items purchased via these deals do come, eventually, but they are often out of stock, so expect a wait as long as several months.

Dec 27, 2004 at 8:08 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenScrtchBoy
No, they are selling broken merchendise, planning on picking up on overpriced shipping and their 15% restocking fee.
eek.gif

Have you received broken Shure E3cs from them?
I have ordered several things from them before, and have
received nothing but brand-new, sealed-in-package merchandise.
Shipping on this order was free, by the way. They do charge
a $5.95 handling fee, but I'll gladly pay that - the total price was
still a bargain.

Dec 29, 2004 at 9:03 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by meithkiller
I've ordered and received several items from eCost in the last couple of months. Never had a problem with anything I ordered, including several sets of headphones. I'd recommend them.

-Keith

Just received mine today; brand new, in sealed box, as expected (not broken or refurb merchandise as some have suggested). Ordered on Sunday, received on Wednesday, and shipping was free. Not bad, although they are now back up to list price. Great deal while it was there.

They need breaking in, but I think I'm going to like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back