shure e3c dropped its tip in my ear :)
Nov 17, 2005 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

AudioNoob

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm in school atm. in the previous break I was sitting listening to music, looking at something I dont rember when a friend cam near me so I pulled my left out and I still had problems hearing. Looking at it I went oh crap but said oh well it happens, no problem to the person, I hate people panicking over the place. She gave me a hairclip, one of those long metal wire ones and I took it out. I never thought theyd be dirty because I always use qtips. turns ou tit accumulated some stuff under the flange near the base, the thing just slipped off. I cleaned them with some wet towel and a pencil. They're back in, didnt try removal yet. Having something in your ear canal is very funny as there isnt a way of seeing it, neither touching it. If it happense, push under your earlobe and try using your pinky to squish a side against your earwall and pull. Be very very careful iy youre going to stick in something. Do not pus the phones back in trying to put the tips on, your ear lining wont support the pressure.

Nov 17, 2005 at 11:22 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12
first of all please use paragraphs

and when a tip gets stuck in my ear i just use my fingers to pull it out, quite easy

You can't pull the smaller shure tips out with your fingers, if you owned them you would know that.

Nov 17, 2005 at 11:40 AM Post #4 of 13
i do own shures before and i always use smaller tips, i seem to be able to do it?

takes a few tries but always works, the trick is to grab them by the stem, perhaps u need a bit of fingernails to do it as well.

Nov 17, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #5 of 13
grab ?, it was all the way in the second canal, deep as it can be in a human ear without damaging it. I barely was able to touch it with my pinkie, there is absolutely no way of a grabbing action there.

Nov 17, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #6 of 13
Make sure the tips get washed once in a while because they get greasy and just slide off when they are in your ear. There are several threads on Shure headphones and this happening do a search to get more info.

Nov 18, 2005 at 3:09 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967cutlass
You can't pull the smaller shure tips out with your fingers, if you owned them you would know that.

Yes you can. I just experienced this on yesterday :) I did manage to get the sleeve out by my fingers, it took some time trying though. (I was in a bus). I have E4 with ultra soft (small) sleeves.

Nov 18, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #8 of 13
I've never had tips get stuck, when i remove my e2c's i always rotate slightly and remove them.

Mar 21, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #9 of 13
Hi,

I've problems with left tips. It always falling down in my bag, pocket, ear, etc.

How can i stick it to the earphone ? Have you tried something ?

thanks

Mar 21, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lenainrouge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I've problems with left tips. It always falling down in my bag, pocket, ear, etc.

How can i stick it to the earphone ? Have you tried something ?

thanks

I had problems multiple times with the tips getting left behind in my ears, so I decided to use Elmer's Glue to glue the tips to the stems. Elmer's is non-toxic and I find it's still easy to remove the tips if needed. The glue cleans off without trouble and doesn't leave any residue behind.

Rick

Mar 21, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #11 of 13
The best way to recover the tip is finding a stick (pencil, fork handle), and push the tip using it, deep inside in the ear canal, to make it reach the ear in the other side, to pick it gentle in the hand, then.

tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #12 of 13
I hate when this happens.

Mar 21, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #13 of 13
This used to happen to me all the time with E3C's, whether the tips were recently cleaned or not. I foudn that one way to keep this from happening was to pull your ear back with one hand and take the headphone out with the other. Doing this straightens your ear canal and makes the headphone come out much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back