Shure E2s...itchy and dry inner ears?
Jan 31, 2004 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pomegranate

100+ Head-Fier
The insides of my ears..not past the opening of the canal, just the "pit" i guess, have started itching these last few days, and they're pretty dry, like there is no wax at all. I'm not using the phones particularly excessively, maybe 2 hours a day if that. But I've started using the biggest size orange foam sleeves lately. Does anyone know if my earphones could be definitely causing this, if the size of the sleeves makes any difference, and what I can do about it?

Jan 31, 2004 at 11:39 AM Post #2 of 5
maybe you just have overly dry ears :p get some ear drops or something

2 hours a day isn't exactly excessive so i doubt it's the earphones

but if this dry ear thing only started because you started wearing these earphones it might be because you got some kind of infection from wearing the tips. or it might just be some other personal issue with the earphones. if you think it only started because you started wearing earphones i'd get it checked out by a doctor

Jan 31, 2004 at 4:13 PM Post #4 of 5
Not sure it was the same areas, but when I first got my Etys, by ears became itchy and irritable. In fact I even got light headed for a few days until adjusting. Everything was cool after a week or so.

Jan 31, 2004 at 11:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Hmmm...I have been getting headaches the last few days. I've had the phones since xmas but have been without iPod (was at repair) until 5 days ago, maybe there is something wrong with the audio processing on my replacement?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back