Shure e2c's finally went through the pearly gates
Feb 18, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by alysony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still don't understand why people keep bad mouthing them, they were great. They did their job and they never let me down. Granted they would sometimes bottom out and I'm sure they weren't as clear as others, but for what they were, they were a great set of earphones.

They were my first IEM's and loved how they just emersed me in the music, eliminating all other sound. Obviously the Ultimate Ears where superior IEM's i missed something about the E2c's. I have a pair of Grado's also and obviously being open backed are fantastic listened through in private.

Feb 19, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Well yesterday I bought the bullet and went and ordered a pair of SE310's in black and a pair of Grado SR325i's.

Good choices.

Feb 19, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #18 of 21
It's not bad mouthing. They are great phones and I would recommend them to anyone who's new to IEMs, but understand there are better things out there if you explore.
Quote:

I still don't understand why people keep bad mouthing them, they were great.

Feb 19, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #19 of 21
I think it depends on if you buy them at a store or get a discount by buying used. I got my E4 off that guitarcenter deal a year or so ago and my E3 in the FS threads for $30 this summer when I needed some iems to hold me over. If you buy those at full retail at a dealer then probably would too a bit much.

Feb 19, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #20 of 21
Ah...I remember my e2cs. They will always have a special place in my heart. My first "expensive" headphones back then. People who hate them have to remember that there was literally nothing else at that price range other than overpriced ear buds or bose. Considering that we now have things like the relatively new Phonak PFEs which are 160 and compete with phones twice that price, things are a lot different now.

To anyone who still uses them, removing that wax guard really opens them up :p

Feb 19, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you will

its not that low end shures are bad but you pay for the big name and if in the know better performance can be had for the same money

you do get that the grados will sound much more aggressive than the shures? seems an unusual combo to go for

Well the thing is that I love listening to music, and I love listening to it in different ways. To me it's the most amazing experience in the world to hear the exact same song, and how completely different it sounds from one source to another. It's just a feeling of wonderment that it's even possible.

Yes the e2c's were my first set of buds I ever purchased. In fact I joined this forum way back when in order to review and ask opinions about them. I keep thinking of them like those older cars: they may not be the fastest, the prettiest, or the most maneuverable, but darn it they are fun. So it's good to know I'm not alone in my feelings of happy nostalgia. Hell I remember writing my dissertation with them, even as they were starting to fail. I didn't care, they kept the world out while I wrote. My roomates would give me grief because I wouldn't hear them when they knocked on the door or when the phone was ringing. My students would complain when I was teaching and giving a test and they had a question and I couldn't hear them (okay that one wasn't so good but I sure felt it was a great way to spend 90 minutes) besides no one really likes to teach the 100 level courses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back