Shure E2Cs...cutting out, help!
Feb 11, 2006 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jburn244

New Head-Fier
Ok so I've had my Shure E2C's for a few months now, and after awhile the left earpiece started cutting out. I noticed that it would vary in intensity from cutting out the sound completely or working as normal by just twisting the cord. The right earpiece has now started to do the same thing. By keeping the cord twisted in a certain position, they will work and sound the way they should, but it's very annoying. There is obviously something going on within the cord, but there is no cut or big gouges or anything like that in it. I always hold and twist the cord right at the 'Y', where it splits to the left and right earpieces. If I mess with the cord below or above that point, nothing happens so I think the problem lies in where it splits off. Is there anything that can be done about this, or am I going to have to send these back to the manufacturer?

Feb 11, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by jburn244
Ok so I've had my Shure E2C's for a few months now, and after awhile the left earpiece started cutting out. I noticed that it would vary in intensity from cutting out the sound completely or working as normal by just twisting the cord. The right earpiece has now started to do the same thing. By keeping the cord twisted in a certain position, they will work and sound the way they should, but it's very annoying. There is obviously something going on within the cord, but there is no cut or big gouges or anything like that in it. I always hold and twist the cord right at the 'Y', where it splits to the left and right earpieces. If I mess with the cord below or above that point, nothing happens so I think the problem lies in where it splits off. Is there anything that can be done about this, or am I going to have to send these back to the manufacturer?

claim your warranty. Shure will send you a brand new retail package

Feb 11, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 3
Definitely contact Shure for a RMA # and get a new one. They're fast when it comes to processing warranty claims. Just email them at: service@shure.com

Tell them your situation and they'll be happy to issue you a RMA #.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back