SHURE E2c
Sep 13, 2007 at 10:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

janruzinsky

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks, i am thinking about to buy the SHURE E2c earphones.
Can somebody tell me if it is a good choice?

Sep 13, 2007 at 11:49 AM Post #2 of 13
In my opinion, they're ok. I also think they're a bit over-rated.

My biggest problem with them is wearing them for much longer than 30 minutes. They start to hurt the inside of my ears and it's a relief to get them out. I have the same problem with the 4's as well.

Ian

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #4 of 13
On questions of comfort, it matters very much which tips you use. I used E2Cs for a few years, ended up using the soft gray tips which I found comfortable. No extended listening issues with those for me.

The phones sound good, but others will tell you that you can get better sounding phones for the same or less money. I don't know as I don't have experience with those other phones. I now use E500s and I can tell you they are a big improvement over the E2Cs.

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #5 of 13
I recently picked up a pair for use on the train. The isolation is excellent (compared to my D2000...but that's said to have poor isolation.) The sound is decent, although it lacks any sort of bass slam. Comfort-wise, I use the smallest foam tips and they're comfortable enough for me to sleep with them in. I also use them for the 1 to 2 hour train ride twice a day.

They seem like a decent entry-level IEM to me, although I haven't tried any others to see how they compare.

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #6 of 13
i had them, used them for a year. liked them at first, but i came from the sony ex51/71 which was terrible. In the end, mine had the left driver fail (seems to be common) and got them replaced then sold them off new.

they have not much top end, the middles are ok, and the bass is not bad. upgraded to the er-6i which is much much better but has less of a bass impact but is much more clearer, though more neutral. I think there are better IEM's for the price now, like the VS-R02's.

Also, the clear rubber tips they come with are the most uncomfortable tips ever. I shelled out for the black soft flex tips which were much better.

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by janruzinsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi folks, i am thinking about to buy the SHURE E2c earphones.
Can somebody tell me if it is a good choice?

You might want to hold out for the Shure SE110, which should start hitting retail channels within the next few weeks. I've read at its price range, the SE110's balanced armature driver will offer very good sound quality.

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #8 of 13
yep id hold out my friend, the 110 are very close and at least you wont worry bout wether you should have waited,the e2c are decent but a little bit outclassed in that price class now so hold out for the 110 or go one better and reach for se210

Sep 14, 2007 at 7:18 AM Post #10 of 13
and what about the Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio. Are they better than the Shure E2C`s????????????????????

Sep 14, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #11 of 13
Shure E2C is discontinued. I think SE110 is better choice.
If I have to choose one between 3 earphones, I'll wait for SE110.
(E2C, Super fi 3, SE110)
SF3 sounds really good, too but hard wire part really bothers me.

Sep 14, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by janruzinsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and what about the Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio. Are they better than the Shure E2C`s????????????????????

'Better' is extremely subjective. All of the models suggested here are good entry-level IEM's. You really can't go 'wrong' with any of them. If at all possible, I would suggest listening to them all and picking the one that sounds the best to YOU. In the end, that is what is important...not if some people on an Internet forum say you have a 'better' or 'worse' headphone IMO.

Sep 14, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #13 of 13
Have been enjoying very much listenig classical on my train trips with my E2c. So strange how peoples opinions differ. I find E2c soundstage great, unbeliavable good presentation of percussion and string instruments. But have to admit that bass is not E2c best selling point, but enought to make it very musical
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back