shure e2c vs shure e3c vs bose in ear headphones
Dec 29, 2006 at 6:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jzd

New Head-Fier
i am looking to purchase a pair of in ear headphones and had these in mind, i was wondering what pair is better in terms of sound and overall quality and if there is any other pair which is better but still under the $150 mark, i would prefer one that has more bass than less.

thanks
etysmile.gif

Dec 29, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #2 of 12
The E3 is more refined than the E2, but less bassy; you may prefer the E2 with the Kramer mod (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...hlight=Kramer), which makes it open up in the treble range. Otherwise, you can also look at the UE super.fi 3, Westone UM1, or Etymotic ER-6i for other choices. The Bose, I've heard, is actually a decent competitor and quite bassy, but provides much less isolation than the other IEMs mentioned.

Dec 29, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 12
I've used the bose IE the Shure E3c and the Ety ER6i.

Out of the 3 I liked the ER6i's best by far because of sound and fit. The only thing I disliked was the cord is thin (but that doesn't matter much to me). I didn't listen to the bose IE very much because I knew i was going to return them because they do not fit well they sounded very bassy and fake and are not really 'IEM' they dont really go inside ur ear canal more of an earbud. Ive owned 2 pairs of Shure E3c and don't really like them that much. They don't sound as good as the ER6i's and I dislike the way they fit. Between the 3 that I've used fitment would be a big issue because they are very different.

Dec 29, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
u can get ER-4P's for $150, which blows the rest out of the water

where at? I'm about to get the um1, maybe 40 more and I could pick ti up.

Dec 29, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by sillz10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't listen to the bose IE very much because I knew i was going to return them because they do not fit well they sounded very bassy and fake and are not really 'IEM' they dont really go inside ur ear canal more of an earbud.

I'd just like to say that I tried to make toast with my Bose IEs and they didn't heat the bread up very well at all. In fact, my Dualit toaster (unamped, mind you) made the IEs look pretty pathetic. Typical shoddy Bose ... some flaw in the design process, I assume.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 29, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #7 of 12
i am currently enjoying the bose ie's very much. i find myself reaching for them instead of my shure e5c's. they are ultra comfortable and deliver big sound. they even stay put during rigorous exercise. a well spent $100!

Dec 29, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbgalg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am currently enjoying the bose ie's very much. i find myself reaching for them instead of my shure e5c's. they are ultra comfortable and deliver big sound. they even stay put during rigorous exercise. a well spent $100!

I've been ignoring this forum for several months, can't believe people like bose now!

Dec 29, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been ignoring this forum for several months, can't believe people like bose now!

and over headphones that cost 5x as much......

maybe some1 is crazy?

for my tastes E2c>bose IE and i really hate the E2c sound (people say bose has a drastic break in period though.....)

Jan 14, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #12 of 12
I'm new here, but I've tried a few IEM's. I currently own Senn cx300's. I've tried E3c, Triport IE, and UE Super.fi 3's. I've also tried the the PX100's, and Triport OE's. I hated the thin sound of the E3c's, and didn't really like the OE's. I use a Toshiba Gigabeat S30 with 256 or 320k mp3's.

I love the low end and soundstage of the Bose IE's. I also like the lack of microphonics and occlusion on the Bose. I love the isolation and balanced sound of the super.fi's. I'm thinking about the Super.fi 5 EB's to get the bass and isolation, but I don't know what the soundstage is like. I've also thought about the UM1's and v-moda vibes. What do you guys think? Any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back