Shure E2c vs. Etymotic ER6
May 28, 2003 at 6:54 PM Post #16 of 24
Yes, I do mean the triple flanged tips that both the E1/E5 and ER4 series have. Anyway to get something like that on the E2?

May 29, 2003 at 5:05 PM Post #17 of 24
MadDog: unfortunately not at this time.
Because the E2 nozzle is a larger diameter than E1/E5 it must be "docked" in the ear a little better, and we haven't had positive results with a soft silicone like the triple flange yet.

May 29, 2003 at 5:29 PM Post #18 of 24
Sugarfried,

Sorry for out of topic. Do you work at new Shure's building on Touhy Ave.? I live just couple of blocks away. Wonder if there's stuff for audition or sth...

Thanks a lot

May 29, 2003 at 6:20 PM Post #19 of 24
I know most ppl here would disagree with what I am about to say, but this is my 2 cents. I have listened to both the Ety ER-4P and the ER-6. WHEN $$$$ is taken into account, the ER-6 is sooo much better. I didn't get a chance to listen to the ER-4P with a good amp, but, heck, it's billed as being good without an amp. That's why I got it. Yet the cheaper one is not bad to me without the amp and sounds really good with an amp. I wish I could have listened to the Shure as well, cause that is even cheaper. Oh well. Take this for what it is worth. Happy headphone listening.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2003 at 8:07 PM Post #20 of 24
life is too short to worry about money.

everything worth owning is overpriced. what are you going to do?

get yourself that quality earphone you desire and forget about your money woes (in fact, they no longer exist). it's all a matter of seeing life in perspective.

have fun, y'all.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2003 at 9:14 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by kajohndet
Sugarfried,

Sorry for out of topic. Do you work at new Shure's building on Touhy Ave.? I live just couple of blocks away. Wonder if there's stuff for audition or sth...

Thanks a lot

We are in both Evanston and Niles right now. I have a desk at both faciilties, but I work on new product development teams, which remains in Evanston. So that's where I am 90% of the time.

May 29, 2003 at 11:03 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by MadDog5145
Yes, I do mean the triple flanged tips that both the E1/E5 and ER4 series have. Anyway to get something like that on the E2?

Actually what you could do is use the smallest sillicon sleeve from an ex70 and shove that on ur e2's but dont push em right back cause the ex70 sleeves are a not as long and the hole in them is a bit bigger so they dont stay there all THAT well, but still it's enough to get you a pretty good seal.

it's immediatly more comfortable that the foam, and about 100000x more comfortable than the plastic sleeves shure gives you. Soundwise, the e2's dont sound as powerful anymore, and the highs get a bit more veiled (not very much). in anycase it's an alternative

Users who are viewing this thread

Back