Shure e2c tips for ue super.fi?
Dec 18, 2007 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Del Griffith

1000+ Head-Fier
I read in the eb appreciation thread where feed me trance uses the Shure e2c flex sleeves on the super.fi. Anyone out there know if the foam tips would work? I thought there was nothing out there that would fit w/o modding but I found out today that the e2c flex sleeves do..so maybe the foams too?. I always used the shure foams on my e500 and liked them..would love if they worked with the super.fi 5 and eb.

Dec 18, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 13
I have a pack of orange e2c foamies that I use for my marshmallows, and just by looking at the tips, I don't think it'll be possible to use them on my superfi's. The superfi stems are just far too wide. I had to take the plastic tubing from my olive tips to make them fit on my superfi's. I think the reason why the poster you mentioned was able to get the tips to fit was because he the silicon soft flex sleeves have the ability to stretch to a certain extent. Hope this helps out a bit.

Dec 18, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Griffith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read in the eb appreciation thread where feed me trance uses the Shure e2c flex sleeves on the super.fi.

I saw the same thing and I posted a similar question in response but no one answered
frown.gif

If the E2c tips DO fit the SF5 Pro, I may consider picking up a set.

Dec 18, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #5 of 13
It is not easy but they will fit.

Dec 27, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 13
Dec 27, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #8 of 13
The ultra flex is the really soft black silicone flanges, where as the flex sleeves are semi-soft rubber. IMHO, the ultra flex provides the most isolation. Also, even though the Shure sleeves were a vast improvement over the UE sleeves, I've found out that once you get the foamies on, it'll never come off in one piece, and since the Shure sleeves have a longer tube, they tend to block the sound when compressed in the ear (cut away part of the tube???). The best combo is sticking a Shure foamie into the UE sleeve (same size foamie to sleeve). THis provides the best isoation & comfort IMO.

Brendan

Dec 28, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #9 of 13
I'm not sure if this is a good idea, since the diameter of ear tip mount on UE super.fi 3 and super.fi 5 models are a bit wider than what you find on the Shure SE series IEM's. That could result in fitment problems trying to use Shure ear tips on a UE headphone.

I'd rather do a search on the 'Net and find third-party ear tips that work specifically with UE IEM's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure if this is a good idea, since the diameter of ear tip mount on UE super.fi 3 and super.fi 5 models are a bit wider than what you find on the Shure SE series IEM's. That could result in fitment problems trying to use Shure ear tips on a UE headphone.

I'd rather do a search on the 'Net and find third-party ear tips that work specifically with UE IEM's.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think he's talking about the E2C sleeves, not the SE series
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #12 of 13
I have large ear canals, and I just took the largest Ultra Flex silicone tips from my old E2C's and put them on my Super.Fi 5... Wow! I always liked the size and fit of the Shure tips. Now I can use them with my SuperFi's! Yea!

It's a bit of a tight squeeze to get the E2C tips onto the SuperFi posts, but just wiggle them on, all the way down, as far as they'll go. They do stick out a bit more than the stock UE tips, but the posts can be trimmed.

Feb 26, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #13 of 13
These work great on the super.fi 4/4vi. The ultraflex are softer than the stock UE tips and in slightly different sizes. The large ultraflex create very nice textured bass (which is odd, I use the medium on my e2c's).

The medium clear shure sleeves are decent, too, which is amazing. Those things were like shoving giant erasers in your ears on the e2c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back