Shure e2c sleeves, how durable?
Apr 25, 2005 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

japa

Head-Fier
I'm thinking about purchasing shures to make company with my PXC250. I live in Finland and there are no cheap shures available here (if at all). So I have to purchase from abroad, and the cheapest option seems to be from USA thanks to high competition and low dollar. Price for shures in Europe is somewhere near 120 euros (150+ USD) with shipping.

So I've found a cheap place that even ships to Finland. Many places don't ship outside Usa. Shipping is $19.95. Now here's the question: How often you one needs new sleeves? I don't feel like spending $30 every month or two when I run out of sleeves..

PS. If there are people with Rio Karma and Shure e2c, how do they match?

Apr 25, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 6
I think you'lll find the sleeves plenty durable. 1.5 years with E2s and E5s and the sleeves show no signs of fatigue.

For the E2s, make sure you order the ultrasoft sleeves, as they redefine comfort for earphones. I recently put ultrasofts on my girlfriend's E2s and she now loves them, instead of just tolerating them while at the gym.

Sorry, no Rio, the the match with a Shuffle is more than decent.

Apr 25, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #4 of 6
I would advise against ordering from the US, in my experience the risk of having to pay VAT and import duties is to great on such a cheap product as the Shure E2.

I live in Sweden and it is easy to find Shure E2 for around 75 EUR here, and I guess a lot of the Swedish mail order companies ship to Finland. If you understand Swedish you can use www.pricerunner.se to find the cheapest stores.

Apr 26, 2005 at 3:03 PM Post #5 of 6
never mind..Found it.
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #6 of 6
so durable that it hurt some people earcanal. about the foamies earsleeves, i find that washing it with dishwasher soaps once a while give it an extra long life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back