Shure E2C review.....
Jan 14, 2003 at 1:05 AM Post #16 of 35
Man, those E5s sure are pretty, that form fitting cable sounds like it would be awsome. Maybe after Germany this summer
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2003 at 3:08 AM Post #17 of 35
Guitar Center did say they could order the E5's BTW.

They seemed to think the E1 was a wireless system however much I tried to explain it.

Thanks for addressing the question.

Jan 14, 2003 at 3:42 AM Post #18 of 35
Appar, hats off !!! you were dam#$ right!!!!!!!!!! I just come from Guitar Center and after explaining the salesman that I did not want the complete wireless system, he let me tried just the earphones, even though they were sold out (the E1s). The earphones sounded great and as I said before, headphones are like women.....but in this case they are so ugly and chep looking.....so who knows ?????I just fell in love with them, they sound too good to be true after all the bull$%^ I've read about them here......the highs are there and the balance is there too.... I'm going to wait until I get the refund from Headroom to get them......
By the way I tested them with my Panasonic discman, that means that with my Total Airhead they will smoke...
By the way they said that if I pay them in advance they'll have them for me in 2 days.

Shureguy is there any difference between the E1 and the E1C ?

Does anybody know if these earphones are really the same Westones??? The E1s are 119 dollars, not bad ehh???
Hey I just visited the Westone website!!! they are the same Shures E1 and they have them in different colors and they are just 99!!!! besides they have different colors so the ugly look is not a problem anymore.

Jan 14, 2003 at 7:04 AM Post #19 of 35
I've looked at the Westone site and the specs for their UM-1 and UM-2 (similiar in appearance to the Shure E1 and E5), and as close as they look, heck they are the same EXACT housing, I don't think they are the same headphones. The impedances and frequency responses are different enough (very different on the UM-2 and E5-- 27 ohms versus 110 ohms!), that I don't think I would chance getting the Westones without a good return policy, as I fear they might not compare to their Shure counterparts.

Mariowar--- glad I could help out! I don't think anyone on these boards will call them Ety killers (though they are for me--- cheaper, excellent sound, alot less microphonic than even the ER6), I think they are an excellent value at $119. You're gonna love 'em!

appar111

Jan 14, 2003 at 1:08 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by mariowar

Shureguy is there any difference between the E1 and the E1C ?

The E1 and E1c are exactly the same earphone product with different packaging and accessories.
The "c" version was designed for the consumer market; the original E1 for the musician market (our core constituency).

We hope to address cosmetic issues in the future.

Jan 14, 2003 at 2:13 PM Post #21 of 35
Shure Guy, are the Westones UM1 the same Shure E1 ? They look exactly the same, and in other thread I even read from Don (Etymotics owner) that the E1s used to be made by Westone......There's no really much diffrence in price really, I can get the Shures for 119 and the Westones for 99, the difference is that witht he Westones I have plenty of colors to choose......

Jan 14, 2003 at 3:47 PM Post #22 of 35
and you get a niceer carrying case and a few silicon tips, if you prefer those over the foam tips. It also says on the westone site that the foam tips are interchangeable with the Shure E1 and E5 (and they're much cheaper through westone than through Shure!)

appar111

Jan 14, 2003 at 5:44 PM Post #23 of 35
Well, I just got an email from Westone!!!! what do you think? isn't it sweet?

Yes we did design and manufacture the E1 for Shure Bros. for the
first 3 years they were on the market, they have since taken
manufacturing to Mexico. Because of this we are able to
manufacture our own version of the E1 that we call the UM1. Our
UM1 has a sturdier cable and more low end response than the
Shure E1.
We have a 90day return policy on our UM1 if you are not happy
with the product simply return them with the invoice and a phone
number as well as the date you purchased them back to us and we
will refund your money.

Jan 14, 2003 at 6:09 PM Post #24 of 35
I got the same email from them just a few minutes ago. May have to end up getting some clear UM1's... poor poor credit card, I almost feel sorry for it!

appar111

Jan 14, 2003 at 6:31 PM Post #25 of 35
Appar, you are funny, watch your budget!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
I've been thinking about it and it could have improved the bass response rolling off the high frecuencies, arghh I just hope that they did not do it this way. I just emailed them asking how were the mids and the high frecuencies compared tho the Shures and they replied they are identical......could it be true?????

Jan 15, 2003 at 8:39 PM Post #26 of 35
Well, I have my fingers crossed!!! I just placed the order for the clear Westone UM1 ..........I'll be posting my impressions..... I ordered the silicon flanged sleeves ( like the Etys ones) from Shure, TEN DOLLARS A PAIR!!! I wonder if they are the same....

Jan 15, 2003 at 10:10 PM Post #27 of 35
I just ordered my clear UM1's too! (Darn you, head-fi.org!!!) I'll be using the foam tips, so we'll see what the differences are. I noticed the foam tips are much cheaper through Westone than through Shure. You'll have to let me know how the triple flange tips work!

appar111

Jan 15, 2003 at 10:29 PM Post #29 of 35
I have been looking at the westone earplugs as well so I will be really interested in how you find them. Just hoping someone buys the UM2 so I can decide if they are worth getting. I would get them for a 90 test except for the fact they would have be been shipped to the uk and have the tax and excise slapped on the price. making for those abroad the 90 test worthless sadly.

Wordsworth

Jan 16, 2003 at 12:28 AM Post #30 of 35
They said they're being shipped via UPS, and should go out today or tomorrow, so I should have them next week. Can't wait to get them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back