Shure E2c or some other portables?
Jun 21, 2004 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dcg

Became Capt. Napalm tocombat apartment robberies!
Well, my portapros finally bit the dust, so I'm in search of a new pair or portable 'phones. I have to admit I haven't been spending as much time at Head-fi as I used to, so I'm not up to date on the more recently released stuff. I liked the sound of the portapros but not the looks
smily_headphones1.gif
Plus, I'd like something with some noise isolation for when I'm out mowing the lawn. I do not, however, want spend too much, so $100 is my limit, and less would be better. Looks like the Shure E2c can be ad for about $75 shipped (any recs on places to buy would be appreciated).

So, are the E2cs my best bet? I seem to have odd shaped ears, and I do ususally have trouble with earbud style headphones staying in (for example, I can't used the phones supplied with my ipod).

I'm sure this has all been discussed before, but unfortunately the search is down. Thanks for any advice.

Dave

Jun 21, 2004 at 3:16 PM Post #2 of 8
I bought the shure e2c from ecost.com at ~$70 a few weeks ago to replace my supplied iPod earbuds.

The improvement is drastic and well worth the price. I am using the medium size foam tips and they are very comfortable. They cause no discomfort whatsoever.

They stay in my ears perfectly although it does take some getting use to running the wires behind the ears and underneath a shirt for going to the gym (and mowing the lawn I would imagine).

All in all, I would strongly recommend them

Jun 21, 2004 at 4:26 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks stromie! Ecost seem to have them at $99 currently, was there some sort of coupon code that needed to be used?

Dave

Jun 21, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Thanks stromie! Ecost seem to have them at $99 currently, was there some sort of coupon code that needed to be used?

Nope, they had a Countdown sale...don't worry though, i've seen 2 similar deals on eCost since i've been here.

Jun 21, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 8
hmmm....I'll have to keep an eye out, thanks.

Another question for those of you that have used these - I often listen to music while falling asleep. Are these comfortable to wear in bed?

Jun 22, 2004 at 1:08 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for the input, guys.

Ety E4s would certainly be nice, but they

1. are more than I'd like to spend.
2. Stick out of your ears so you can't sleep with them
3. Are a bit expensive for something I'd use mowing the lawn or possibly at the gym.

I have heard the ER6 and ER4 side by side, and I thought the 4s were clearly superior, so they are what I'd go with were I to buy etys. However, these aren't going to be my main cans, just portables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back