shure e2c or hje50/md33
Apr 2, 2005 at 7:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sirauron

New Head-Fier
hi guys,
i'm currently using a hje50, but i'm thinking of upgrading to a better canalphone. Maybe the shure e2c as i have limited budget. Do you think that it will be a definite upgrade over my hje50?

Apr 2, 2005 at 3:04 PM Post #3 of 5
I have the Panasonic and really like the sound. Please note that I have not heard the Shure E2c before, but from reading this forum and from information gleam from the net, there are some who prefer the sound and comfort of the Sharp MD33 to the Shure E2c. However there are others who are adamant that the E2c presents a clearer sound. IMHO, it would be better to current stick to your current phones and upgrade later to a better canalphones.

Apr 2, 2005 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 5
I JUST bought a pair of HJE50s. They sound disgusting but that could be "lack of burn-in"-hype. I got rid of that meshy covering and inserted really loose foam in there..think of something like a what they use to pack old electric razors in but even less dense..it wont really hold weight up. Anyway, I cut small cubes and rolled them until they fit into the canal opening. It's nice that these things have nothing in the way of the actual driver but scary when I realized I could have killed it if I'd poked too far through with my mini screwdriver. Anyway, I got rid of those shrieking highs (not sure if that's the term but whatever it's called it makes my head hurt
eek.gif
) . I have them burning in now on some pink noise..let's see if that improves them come monday morning.

I'd stuff some foam in there too if I were you, it really does much to make them easier to listen too. It ups the mid-bass but also does a bit to lessen the clarity (something IS in the way) and kill whatever hopes you had of hearing really low bass notes. They were only there if you listened to them unmodded. Now they don't even exist. It's basically the MD33 mod some people have done but on the Panas.

Wait for people to review the E4c. It sounds really promising and worthy of a new upgrade. I'd rather have the Sensas but I'm only a student
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 5
I like the HJE-50s much more than the e2cs. And I don't know anyone who says the e2cs are clearer than the MD-33s. Maybe they have better bass or are more "fun" or something, but they're not clearer by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back