shure e2c or etymotics er 6
Apr 1, 2004 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

h3nG

100+ Head-Fier
i hate to ask this since i am sure it's been gone over before...but the search isn't working and i cant seem to find a good comparison on the net.

anyways i plan on replacing my grados sr60 with shure e2c or ety er6 since they are more portable. i love the grado sound, but i dont consider it too portable since it's so darn goofy to wear in public.

anyways, can someone please give me the pros and cons of each model, along with a comparison of the sound quality? also, how does it compare to the grado sr60?

your evaluation is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 3
Are you selling the Grados? That wouldn't be too smart, IMO.

I have the ER-6s right now. If you're used to the Grado sound, then i would go for the E2's, because the ER-6s are more analytical instead of the in-your-face sound of the grados.
biggrin.gif
E2's are more bassy, but with less detail than the ER-6s.

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 3
ER-6 reveals a lot of details. It runs a little bright and the bass does not have a strong presence. The ER-6 is a little hard to drive. Some people have made the claim that a portable amp is required before getting deeper bass.

I have never listened to the E2C, but this is what most people have said about them. They do not deman much power. They have a better bass response, creating a more even sound. However, it does not sound as detailed as the ER-6's.

I know the ER-6 will outperform the SR-60 in almost every way. So will probably the E2c.

If you have a larger budget, look into the E3. Many members here seem to favor the E3 over the E2. Analogously, many people favor the ER-4 over the ER-6, but the price hike is much larger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back