Shure E2c or E3c
Jun 17, 2005 at 5:30 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog311
Ahh..I see. So the E4c is probably for the ipod peeps. I am using a HD3, black, so I prefer black 'phones. The only thing I am leary about is the hiss the HD3 has and if it will be that much more noticable with E2's, E3's, or E4's.

I just plugged in to my iRiver IFP-180t which has pretty bad hiss with the E5. there is no hiss with the E4.

BTW, the charcoal color looks VERY nice. The pics don't do it justice at all.

Jun 17, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #17 of 30
hrm im also looking to choose between the e2c and the e3c

however the store im getting them from (which is selling them v cheap) doesnt have the e4's only the e5c and thats way 2 much for me atm

Jun 17, 2005 at 7:04 AM Post #18 of 30
i believe you would be happy with either. I really loved my e2c's and did not for a moment think of upgrading until they somehow got lost when I was travelling.

Since then I have "upgraded" to e3c's and they are great. But... if I still had my e2c's I would probably have stuck with those.

Jun 17, 2005 at 1:15 PM Post #19 of 30
When my e2c's were my only set of 'good' headphones I thought they were great. After listening to KSC35s, SR60s, MS-1s and now HD555s, the e2c sound seems pretty lacking. I'm happy with them since I don't need the isolation that often, but if I were to use isolation phones more often, I'd want the e3c's.

Jun 17, 2005 at 4:46 PM Post #21 of 30
I would go with the E4c if your budget will stretch. I have the E3c, E4c, and the E5c. I think the E4c is the better value over the E3c by far. So if you can spare the extra money go for the E4c.

Jun 18, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #23 of 30
Nice, well i guess I may just go with the E4 and hope there is much less "hissing" going on.

Jun 18, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #24 of 30
I was in a same boat (with same budget) just few months ago when I got iPod mini as a present. I figured that e3c for $112 is just $35 more than e2c and well within my budget and got them. After using e3c for some time I had a chance to use for a week e2c and it was no contest even after adjusting to the new sound signature - e3c are noticeably more detailed and ballanced. And they also smaller, lighter and look better. But I listen mostly to classic rock and jazz.

But for Rap/R&B you mileage may vary, especially in a bass dept where e2c had, I wouldn't say "better", but definetly more "noticeable" bass than e3c. Also if you value heavy bassy sound most of all you should tame your expectations about most single driver canal phones in this price range. They may all (Shures, Etys) seem thin to you. You could be better off with the likes of E5c or Super.fi 5 Pro. But that's different money.

Jun 18, 2005 at 4:32 AM Post #25 of 30
Well I am getting the impression that the E2's are better for bass. How do the E4's compare with the E2's for bass? Yeah I definitely love my hip hop and like the extra thump...

Jun 18, 2005 at 2:14 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog311
Well I am getting the impression that the E2's are better for bass. How do the E4's compare with the E2's for bass? Yeah I definitely love my hip hop and like the extra thump...

Then for real "thump" with canal phones I'm afraid you'll have to go up to e5c or Super.fi 5 Pro or down to Sony EX-71.

Jun 18, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by albau
I was in a same boat (with same budget) just few months ago when I got iPod mini as a present. I figured that e3c for $112 is just $35 more than e2c and well within my budget and got them. After using e3c for some time I had a chance to use for a week e2c and it was no contest even after adjusting to the new sound signature - e3c are noticeably more detailed and ballanced. And they also smaller, lighter and look better. But I listen mostly to classic rock and jazz.

Speaking of size, how do the e3 and e4 compare? Is there a noticeable difference between the two?

Jun 18, 2005 at 7:07 PM Post #28 of 30
i hate you guys. i just closed my eyes and pulled the trigger on the E3 even though i got a E2 already being shipped over here..
eggosmile.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by xlr26
Speaking of size, how do the e3 and e4 compare? Is there a noticeable difference between the two?

The E4c is a little bit bigger than the E3c as far as the diameter of the actual phone. Other than that they are about the same size. Not too much difference. I do notice it though when i have them in my ear. They are still comfortable you just notice a bit of extra weight and size compared to the E3c but not too much.

Jun 19, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyeyes
The E4c is a little bit bigger than the E3c as far as the diameter of the actual phone. Other than that they are about the same size. Not too much difference. I do notice it though when i have them in my ear. They are still comfortable you just notice a bit of extra weight and size compared to the E3c but not too much.

Cool. Thanks for the info.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back