shure e2c or e3c?
Mar 8, 2005 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

tone

100+ Head-Fier
I've been looking to replace my sennheiser mx500 ear buds with something a little nicer and is still portable with good isolation.

first i tried the sennheiser px100 which where nice but leaked way to much sound so they went back. i then picked up the sony MDR-EX71 which were comfortable with decent bass and better isolation but the overall sound was worse than my original mx500 buds. all i heard from the sony's was bass and fizzy treble.

i picked up the shure e2c from frye's and i do like them but then i found a shop that carries the e3c for a pretty good price ($114). http://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/shure.html

would the e3c buds be overkill on an iriver mp3 player? are they worth the extra cost over the e2c? i'm looking for good bass/mid performance with good detail.

-Thanks!

Mar 8, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #2 of 11
to MY ears the performance difference between the e3c and the 2c was not significant enough to justify the price difference. The 3c is more clear sounding and less congested across the spectrum, but with my 160 bitrates and tastes in music it just wasnt justified.. IMHO... Very happy with the e2c, works very well with my MuVo TX graphic EQ. I can boost 16khz to help compensate the treble roll off.

Garrett

Mar 8, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 11
Thanks for the greate info kramer5150.

did you notice any bass differences between the e2c and the e3c? i've read on some threads that the e2c may be better with bass heavy music than the e3c.

Mar 8, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #4 of 11
There's definitely MORE bass in the e2c. I love the bass impact
biggrin.gif
. I absolutely love my e2c.

Mar 8, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by tone
I've been looking to replace my sennheiser mx500 ear buds with something a little nicer and is still portable with good isolation.

first i tried the sennheiser px100 which where nice but leaked way to much sound so they went back. i then picked up the sony MDR-EX71 which were comfortable with decent bass and better isolation but the overall sound was worse than my original mx500 buds. all i heard from the sony's was bass and fizzy treble.

i picked up the shure e2c from frye's and i do like them but then i found a shop that carries the e3c for a pretty good price ($114). http://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/shure.html

would the e3c buds be overkill on an iriver mp3 player? are they worth the extra cost over the e2c? i'm looking for good bass/mid performance with good detail.

-Thanks!

I absolutely love the e3c's over the e2c :p. I listen to my e3c's with Jazz equalizer setting.

I've been waiting to see what people say about the e4's (when they come) to figure out if an 80 dollar price increase is justifiable
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:04 AM Post #6 of 11
Well, I never tried the e2c, only the e3c, and I can only tell you that I do not hate the bass they produce, even un-EQ'd. But after applying EQ with my zen touch, they sound really nice and you can hear a lot of minor details clearly.

Mar 9, 2005 at 1:40 AM Post #7 of 11
hmmm.

it seems that the consensus is that the bass is better on the e2c and that everything else is better on the e3c. its a tough call since both are within my price range.

Mar 9, 2005 at 1:43 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

hmmm.

it seems that the consensus is that the bass is better on the e2c and that everything else is better on the e3c. its a tough call since both are within my price range.

better is subjective. the e2c's have more impact though. i wish the e2c's werent so fat and ugly, i would have bought them otherwise....

Mar 9, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

hmmm.

couldn't just eq the e3c to imrpove its faults. what dosent have a bass boot now a days.

Mar 9, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #10 of 11
yeah i definetly prefer the look and size of the e3c over the e2c. perhaps the bigger enclosure of the e2c is the reason for the bigger bass impact.

i think i'll order the e3c and compare them to my e2c and send the loser back for a refund. i was kinda hoping that there would be a clear winner from the feedback that i've gotten (and various searches) but unfortunately there isn't.

i am really enjoying the e2c buds at work right now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #11 of 11
I love my e2c. I have never tried the e3c, although I do prefer the look. For the price I think they are a great deal.

People complain that the e2c bass is muddy, but it never really bothered me. I recently got a portable amp and saw a huge improvement. I was really suprised, I figured that they were really efficient, so I wasn't expecting much. But the bass really improves amped. Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back