Shure e2c line damage, am I screwed?
Feb 9, 2007 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

worminater

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a pair of e2c's about 18months ago. I have used them fairly extensively since then.

I just put them on, and when i did i noticed there was a cut in the line leading to left ear piece, almost like someone took a wire cutter to them but just pinched, didn't strip the casing off. If i bend it a little I can see the bare line in it.

I usually take the little clear rubber piece and pull it up when i have them on (up the front) and the cut is where the top of the plastic piece to keep them out of the way when walking around outside. I'm thinking cold temperatures caused line to crack and I just didn't notice it till now? They sound fine, just bare wire (kind of)

Would this be RMA'able? Even though I've had them for 18months (24month warranty) I don't know if I can still find my proof of purchase, Circuit City receipts fade to nothing over time last time I saved one and thats where I bought these.

Thanks in advance, any advice appreciated
eek.gif

*I can post pics later tongiht when i go home, I'm in computer lab on campus right now if needed . Try them on my home rig and see if better source/material brings out any sound problems..

Feb 9, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 2
This can be deleted* I should have searched before i posted; I just kinda panicked

<3 shure

Quote:

Question
The casing that covers the wiring has started to tear on my E2C's. I love the earphones and they are still working great, but the wires are getting exposed due to the plastic is cracking and separating. Is this covered by the 2 year warranty?

Answer
Yes it is. Please send them in under the 2 year warranty for replacement. Click below for more info.

Title: How do I send in my earphones for warranty repair?
URL: https://personalaudio.custhelp.com/c...ted=1139511414

Users who are viewing this thread

Back