Shure E2c kramer mod help/problems
Feb 15, 2008 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dc1

New Head-Fier
I was trying to mod my E2c's with kramer's mod by using a bent thumbtack/pin but the washer thing did not come out so I just took a sharp razor and widened the hole. I did this to one earphone and decided to see if I could notice a difference between the right ear bud(modded) and the left ear bud(normal). However, when I was listening to the modded ear bud it sounded weaker, like the volume was lower. Is this normal? Could it be that some shavings got into the ear bud/driver? Do I have to mod both so the volume difference is unnoticeable and the improvements come into effect? Thanks.

P.S. Im new to this and not some pro audio person, I've been using standard ipod earphones until now
tongue.gif

Feb 15, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 6
sounds like some shavings fell into the driver area, try blowing it out or something...maybe some compressed air.

Feb 16, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #6 of 6
Before anything, just blow (w/o compressed air) it should be fine, just don't try to be the big bad wolf. Also, try holding the nozzle towards the floor and tapping the earpieces to see if you can get w/e may be in there loose and make it come out. I CAN'T guarantee anything on compressed air, so DO NOT take my word for it, it's got a pretty hard amount of air pressure, so I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back