Shure E2c & Comfort
Apr 7, 2005 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ragemage

New Head-Fier
Got my Shure E2c's a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying them immensely. I have small ears, so initially I was using the small-sized foamies to get a good seal. I found that the small sized flex sleeves weren't fitting well in my ear and I wasn't getting any seal with them. However, after a couple of weeks of using the foamies, I tried the flex sleeves again (as the foamies have been getting a bit dirty)... and guess what? Now I'm getting a pretty good seal with them! Still not quite as good as the foamies, but not too bad nonetheless. The insertion time is a good deal quicker with the flex sleeves and they don't get as dirty, so I'm quite pleased with this. I think my ear-canals have become used to having the foamies in and have widened a bit, so perhaps that's why I'm getting a better seal with the flex sleeves now.

How I check if I've got a good seal:
When the phones are inserted, if you cough or say something aloud and you hear the sound of your cough/voice resonating 'inside your head', it's a pretty good sign. If you hear yourself 'outside your head' from one direction or another, then the seal probably isn't the best.

etysmile.gif

Apr 7, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 4
I to have small ear canals myself and I found the Shure E2’s to be a little uncomfortable at first. I did get use to them but I moved up to E3’s which are much more comfortable for me.

Although I will most likely step up to the Shure E4’s once we have them.

Keith Ashwood

Apr 7, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 4
I've been using the E2cs for a couple of months now. I started straight off with the clear flex sleeves. I tried the medium-sized pair but they seemed just a tad bit tight. I switched to the small size and they seemed to be perfect........................................... ......until I ordered the new grey silicone sleeves for the E2cs (directly from Shure). I now use the medium sized grey's exclusively. They are extremely comfortable and I can wear them for hours on end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back