Shure e2c... cheapest prices and questions
Dec 14, 2003 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Hunterboy55

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, first off i'd like to say that i've been a lurker here for a long long time, atleast a year and i've read some great advice and others things here.
Ok well here is my question where can i get the shure e2c for the cheapest price.
Also how well does it fit in your ear, for comparison i use my mdr-ex71's with the small earbud and i get a real good seal....
And finally, i have an ihp-100 (couldn't wait any longer for the ihp-120) and should I get or build some type of amp so that it will "sound better"

Thanks

Dec 14, 2003 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 13
MacResQ has them for $89 and use coupon code HP4ME to get $10 off. Shipping was like $4 for me. Total was like $84. The coupon expires 12/15.

I just ordered them so I can't answer how well it fits in your ear yet. Hopefully, I'll get them Tuesday.

Dec 14, 2003 at 11:10 PM Post #8 of 13
I didn't feel that the E2 really improved much with an amp. You could build yourself a little CMOY or a Mint Meta for now... but it's mostly out of interest than real gains.

If you move up to some other headphones eventually, you'll probably want to consider a good amp, but then the CMOY or Mint Meta might not be enough anyway.

Dec 16, 2003 at 10:36 AM Post #10 of 13
JUST got a pair of E2Cs
Got em from http://www.microphonesolutions.com for 79 bucks.

I bumped up from a pair of EX71s as well, I think you'll be satisfied overall. Definitely more detail, the bass has punch, won't be as visceral as that of the EX71 but it'll be more defined... the thing I miss my EX71s for is comfort and design.. I thought this over the ear design would be real nice, but it's not all I thought it would be.. I'm going to do the EX mod (big thanks to Brohken and Night_85 for guiding me through the details on that) tonight, hope it'll help. The supplied tips aren't bad, just a bit more noticeable than the EX tips which I really couldn't feel.

Dec 17, 2003 at 12:44 AM Post #12 of 13
Look for the "we'll beat any price" link, look for another store that sells em for 79, and email em with the 79 dollar store's link.

I chose to do that because I know microphonesolutions to be reliable.. ordered on Thursday, and received my order on Monday.

Did i mention they had to ship em' international?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back