Shure E2c build quality concerns...
Dec 25, 2003 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

darkfusion

100+ Head-Fier
I'm after some E2c's for when I'm out and about as I'm not always comfortable wearing my ER-4P's out as I fear them getting trashed and also the microphonic's get on my nerves abit, so I think the E2c's will be ideal just for normal every day use out and about as I wouldn't be partically distraught if they died. However, I've heard at least 5 different people here and at iPod Lounge say they have experianced problems with the E2c's cable, near the plug...far too many for it to be a coincedence. Have many of you E2c owners ever had a problem with them?
confused.gif

Dec 25, 2003 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 55
everything's goin fine with my shure and iPod.....
wink.gif

what kind of problem did they have?

j|!

Dec 25, 2003 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 55
Problems with the cable near the plug, when the cable was moved it would cut out and stuff
confused.gif

I suppose I could always go with the PX200's if the E2c's are going to be a concern.. *shrugs*

Dec 25, 2003 at 2:11 PM Post #4 of 55
wow!
seems a big problem!!

but their sound is so lovely....

j|!

Dec 25, 2003 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 55
I've also had the cord problem. It only happened after using the spool pouch though, I think the cord was strained. Just don't the winder or be really careful with it. I now use an Altoids tin to hold my Shure e2s. Shure replaced my phones without question but it was still a pain in the neck when I didn't have them

Dec 26, 2003 at 10:26 AM Post #9 of 55
JUST got a new pair of Shure E2Cs, not problems here of any sort with the cord... except the fact that I think I look kinda stupid with a cord running down the back and as a result try to wear a jacket when I'm using the shures...
redface.gif

Dec 26, 2003 at 12:52 PM Post #10 of 55
I had the same problem with my E2c's. They were replaced no questions asked. I have continued to use the winder for the last month or so without problem. Maybe Shure has fixed the problem. To my untrained ear they sound great. I am awaiting a set of PX200's as backup and to use around the house until I decide on my next purchase. I hate to say it, but I may be addicted.

Dec 26, 2003 at 1:00 PM Post #11 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by bLue_oNioN
JUST got a new pair of Shure E2Cs, not problems here of any sort with the cord... except the fact that I think I look kinda stupid with a cord running down the back and as a result try to wear a jacket when I'm using the shures...
redface.gif

You can still have the cord over your ear but then bring it down infront if you instead of down your back.

Dec 26, 2003 at 6:15 PM Post #12 of 55
yeah that's true. but then the cord's so damned long... when it's going down my back, i can at least make it unobtrusive by tucking it away into my bag

that's one of my biggest gripes about the e2c, it's just not as convenient as the sony EX71s were..

Dec 28, 2003 at 4:14 AM Post #13 of 55
my e2cs have no problems so far.

i got em like on tuesday.

they are sweet canal phones, especailly after a 48 hour burn in.

when the music is on its like 100% isolation even with the foamies i can't hear anything.

when people talk its like im deaf
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2003 at 5:17 AM Post #14 of 55
hmmmm yeah i can see how this problem can happen. If you use the winder and put the plug in the cup area and then wind it up then the wire is being bent and pinched... which is why i wont use the winder case as much now, but hey you get a 2 year warranty....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back