Shure E2c Breaking, recommendations for new iem.
May 1, 2009 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Vinny77

100+ Head-Fier
I have been using Shure E2c's for quite some time, maybe 2004 possibly even 2003 not sure. They have been quite good and the only thing I dont like about them is their lack of bass.

They have already cracked once on one side and I had to crazy glue the shell shut, which actually worked well. Now on the other side, when I move the cable in different ways the sounds goes in and out.

I am open to all brands and mostly listen to Punk and Metalcore and sometimes watch movies. My sources are a ipod and a laptop. I have access to the bestbuy shure discount also. As for budget, none really. My brother has the 530's and while I like them they seem very fragile.

May 1, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 6
you didn't mention a price range... so we could recommend some super expensive customs.... but i won't do that

can't help but to recommend the PFE... order from audeoworld.com use code YTECH10 they cost $125.10

there are some known cracking issues on the black version (it's not a super high failure rate but there are confirmed cracked black PFEs up to the 2008-11-17 batch so far the 2008-12-02 batch hasn't had any reported cracks) the white version doesn't seem to be cracking so easily

but they do quite well with punk and metalcore and they have good soundstage for an IEM (really helps with movies)... IMO they are the best option under $150

May 2, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 6
While Phonak is new to the iem scene, they have been making hearing aids for a long, long time. It has clearly helped them in their first effort, the PFE. Just take a look at the appreciation thread, it has nearly 1,300 posts!

May 3, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #5 of 6
I read tyhe majority of the thread and to be honest I still dont trust it.

So I have the e2c's now and what would they be considered in the new models?

Like is the 310 the same as a e3c, even though its double the price.

May 3, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 6
wow, there are SOOOO many better options available now than the e2c. Shure's current version of the E2C's are called SCL2's, and they're available in their pro line. As far as your question about the 310's, they're going to be much better than the e2c's. Shure's armature driver on the 310s sounds better in all aspects than the much older dynamic driver found in the e2c's. If you live near a guitar center, ask them if they have the shure scl4's, which are nearly the same sq as the se310s, but they've been selling them for $80-90, as opposed to the higher price tag of the 310s.

I still think the better deal is the pfe's. Phonak really is a top notch company & honestly has been producing in-ear items longer than Shure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back