Shure e2c at the gym? Will they stay in, or should I get something else?
May 14, 2005 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

horizon

New Head-Fier
I'd like to pick these up for use with my Zen Micro. My question is, will they stay in at the gym? Will a slight tug pull them out of place, or are they fairly secure? This would be my main concern.

If they're not the best for gym use, would someone be able to recommend a earphone set with a similar sound that's more secure? Either canalphones or something else, doesn't matter as long as there's no head band
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

David

May 14, 2005 at 7:48 AM Post #2 of 15
Purely for staying in place, I would recommend the Sony 51/71 or the Sharp 33. The E2 is less stalbe in the ears while exercising, due to its large body and stiff cable. The tips are not very cooperative either, but I do not have the ultrasoft new ones. Or try the E3, not as good as the Sony/Sharps, but more stable in the ear then the E2.

May 14, 2005 at 8:45 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by horizon
I'd like to pick these up for use with my Zen Micro. My question is, will they stay in at the gym? Will a slight tug pull them out of place, or are they fairly secure? This would be my main concern.

i don't know about you, but i'd rather have my earbuds fall out with a tug as opposed to staying in my ear and straining the wire/connection. IMO i like the sony ex51 better than the e2c for physical activity. but the e2 will stay put as well.

May 14, 2005 at 8:51 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tfunk408
i don't know about you, but i'd rather have my earbuds fall out with a tug as opposed to staying in my ear and straining the wire/connection. IMO i like the sony ex51 better than the e2c for physical activity. but the e2 will stay put as well.

i own both the e2c and the sony ex51. i use the ex51 at the gym just because they are really light weight and there is no strain from the cord, also putting the right bud around your neck helps keep the cords in place. for gym purposes i would pick up the ex51's now that you can get them for around 25 bucks, then get the shure's for normal use.
this is how i use these two different phones w/ my zen micro.
k1000smile.gif

May 14, 2005 at 1:03 PM Post #6 of 15
The E2C does not fit in my ears well. I have tried every tip that came with them & they still remain difficult to keep sealed in my ear canal. As such I can not recomend them for vigorus physical activitys like working out at the gym.

May 14, 2005 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 15
I absolutely love my e2c in the gym. stays where it belongs with no fuss most of the time, and the isolation is wonderful to have.

May 14, 2005 at 2:49 PM Post #8 of 15
They'll stay in with the foam pads for sure.

You know those yellow foam thingies you put in your ears on airplanes right? The foamies on the e2c are the same.

May 14, 2005 at 3:23 PM Post #10 of 15
I agree that it depends on how they fit in your ear canal. The e2c's never stayed in very well for me at the gym. But the e3c's work just great. They are smaller & that seems to be the difference. I use the flex sleeves with both.

May 14, 2005 at 3:46 PM Post #11 of 15
you really want isolation at the gym? don't you want to hear what's going on around you, like a guy about to drop a 500lb weight on your leg? Also, does anyone find your breathing amplified too much while working out? I guess it depends on what you're doing, but I like to be able to hear what's around me. I use the ksc75 at the gym and am very happy with them.

May 14, 2005 at 3:55 PM Post #12 of 15
Yeah I don't like the E3's for gym use. The constant "thud thud" while running gets annoying and drowns out the music. Once sweat gets into your ears, they do not stay very well in your ear either with the flexes or ultra soft flex tips. The triflanges might be a bit better about slipping out since they go deeper into your ear.

May 14, 2005 at 5:27 PM Post #13 of 15
I like the *thump thump thump thump* Shure's, *thump thump thump thump* but for *thump thump thump thump* gym use they are *thump thump thump thump* not very practical

Users who are viewing this thread

Back