Shure E2C and E5C
Apr 16, 2003 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 7
apparently the e2c sound like you're listening to some great speaker set with subwoofer while you've got cotton plugged in ur ears.

in other words, the highs are very muffled. but i've never used em soI wouldn't know
and the e5c is too overpriced, might as well go for the westone um2 (I think it is) which i cheaper but essentially the same (soundwise)

Apr 16, 2003 at 12:56 PM Post #3 of 7
Everyone seems to forget that there is the E1's-- they are in between the E2 and E5--- much better high end than the E2's, the E1's are a great overall choice to use without an amp (certainly much better than the Ety ER6's without an amp). Around $120 too...

appar111

Apr 16, 2003 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Nights_85
and the e5c is too overpriced, might as well go for the westone um2 (I think it is) which i cheaper but essentially the same (soundwise)

The E5c and UM2 may look remotely similar, but they do not sound at all alike.

Apr 16, 2003 at 3:07 PM Post #5 of 7
avoid the Westone stuff! I ordered the UM1's thinking they would be like the E1, and they sounded muffled and flat, very lifeless compared to the E1's. I'm not sure how close their other versions are to the E5's, but at that price, I'd probably rather just get the actual E5's....

Apr 16, 2003 at 3:15 PM Post #6 of 7
I've used the e1 and e2c's, the e2c's do lack clarity on the high end, the e1's pickup where the e2c's left off, the same great bass and mids, with much better high frequency response. The e1's are also more comfortable and easier to obtain a seal with...at least in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back