Shure E2c $56.74
Jan 21, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #16 of 24
I have bought 2 things from buy.com, the E2c's that I am listening to right now, and the DP-U50 that is feeding my E2s's. Both were bought at different times, and while shipping took a while, especially on my E2c's, which I used the free shipping option, they both arrived in good shape.

Jan 21, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #17 of 24
What a difference time makes, I ordered my Mouseman+ from buy.com and it shipped the next day and received it 3 days later O_O

oh well
tongue.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #18 of 24
i ordered mine from buy.com last week, 3-5 bus. day shipping. got mine today, 5 business days later, which I think is reasonable. whether i'm happy with the e2c's, though, is still up for debate...

Jan 21, 2005 at 5:16 AM Post #19 of 24
I ordered mine from earplugstore.com

Model | Your | Special
| *Super* | Pricing
| Price! | Code

E2/E2c $ 62.00 In Stock! Enter code: E2
E3/E3c $125.00 In Stock! Enter code: E3
E5/E5c $357.00 In Stock! Enter code: E5

Shipping for these earphones for one or two sets is $7.50 for USPS priority mail (domestic US addresses only--2-3 days).

Jan 21, 2005 at 5:34 AM Post #20 of 24
For what it's worth, here's another useless opinion. I got my E2Cs real quick from buy.com. No problems.

Jan 23, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNotFound
I ordered mine from earplugstore.com
E2/E2c $ 62.00 In Stock! Enter code: E2

Thanks for that heads up on the great price from a place that has a money-back guarantee! I just ordered the E2c's from there on Friday, and I'm anxiously awaiting my first canalphone!
biggrin.gif

Dan

Jan 23, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #22 of 24
I've bought numerous things from buy.com and have had no problem, in fact i was once able to return a package of opened and partially burned CDRs (back in the day when they weren't all compatible with all burners).

I continue to be happy using them, though i don't like having to pay sales tax.

One other issue regarding the E2cs, is if it makes sense to hold off until the models with the more flexible tips come out (which should be a little over a month).

Jan 24, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #23 of 24
There is nothing wrong with buy.com. They are a HUGE store and it's not at all surprising to hear that among the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of transactions they do each year a couple people have things fall through the cracks. Resellerratings is a decent place to look when you want to learn about an upstart, but buy.com has been around forever and the only people posting about it on resellerratings are those that are so dissatisfied that they want to "punish" a multi million dollar operation. The majority of the millions of people that are happy with buy.com don't know resellerratings exists (as it serves a rather small group of special interests) and thus don't post their satisfaction.

I'd kinda like to order these, as it's a good price, but I am pretty sure the next headphones I buy will be er6is or e3cs. I don't know if the middleground the e2cs might provide me are worth the $50. Hm.

Jan 24, 2005 at 12:43 AM Post #24 of 24
Well I posted a WTB already and I am getting much better offers than the price at buy.com. Plus, I know I'm dealing with a Head-Fier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back