Shure E2C $40 at Amazon.com
Sep 17, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #16 of 27
Would you guys say that this Shure E2 at $40 represents a better deal than the d-JAYS at $99?

I'm guessing that if money was no object the d-JAYS would be better. But would the E2c at this price be more bang for the buck?

I'm set on d-JAYS LE when they come out but this offer is making me think hard about it.

Sep 18, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #18 of 27
meh, nvm i can't gotta pay for my parking permit and drivers license which i get tommorow
biggrin.gif
, besides I already have Super.fi 3's and Ety ER-6i's.

Sep 18, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #20 of 27
IEMs aren't good for any type of running, as I believe most of them will create a nice "thud" noise for every step you take in your run/walk. Just an effect of the way they work.

These could be different, I'd ask some one to confirm, but I had that with my Super.Fi 5Pro IEMs, and it was annoying
wink.gif

Sep 18, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Discobiscuits /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEMs aren't good for any type of running, as I believe most of them will create a nice "thud" noise for every step you take in your run/walk. Just an effect of the way they work.

These could be different, I'd ask some one to confirm, but I had that with my Super.Fi 5Pro IEMs, and it was annoying
wink.gif

Nope, the Shures still aren't good for running. You can hear every thud in your step, a price to pay for blocking out everything else.

To anyone looking, $40 is a great deal. Don't forget that Shure includes a 2-year, generous warranty that generally replaces with proof of purchase. I'll admit that the SQ has long since been surpassed, but they'll do more than well enough on a bus. The isolation at this price point is the same as earplugs, a step up from canalphones for the price like Marshmallows or Sony EX71. The SQ is above those two headphones, too.

Sep 18, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #23 of 27
I don't have a problem running with any of my IEMs (ER4P and e500). Sure, you can hear your footsteps, but you get used to it pretty quick. I'd much rather hear that than the terrible music they play at my gym or some idiot screaming on his cellphone.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewgriff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, the Shures still aren't good for running. You can hear every thud in your step, a price to pay for blocking out everything else.

To anyone looking, $40 is a great deal. Don't forget that Shure includes a 2-year, generous warranty that generally replaces with proof of purchase. I'll admit that the SQ has long since been surpassed, but they'll do more than well enough on a bus. The isolation at this price point is the same as earplugs, a step up from canalphones for the price like Marshmallows or Sony EX71. The SQ is above those two headphones, too.

How would you compare the bass response with other headphones/IEMs? I sold my Super.Fi 5 due to that reason (should've gotten the EB not the Pro.)

I'm a fond user of DT-770 if that helps the comparison.

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #25 of 27
Noooooooooooo!!!! they dont ship to my country!!!!
frown.gif

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #26 of 27
Dang, the price is already back up to $50
frown.gif

Sep 18, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypictures /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like that e2c's are being called "cheap" IEMs.
I'm not bitching, it's just funny considering a lot of people never experience sound beyond the cheap headphones that come with their mp3 player.

I think I'm going to get a set for my mom.

Brilliant price and just got a pair as well. I'll probably give them to my girlfriend. Or perhaps use them myself in 'rougher' conditions than I'd want to use the SE420...

I live in Singapore, and the total price including shipping was $46.96. Still a very reasonable deal. Now I am actually from Norway, and just for fun I checked how much it would cost me in total if I was to ship them to Norway - a staggering $94.96! Unbelievable differences!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back