Shure e2 + iPod Shuffle
May 7, 2005 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Velvet

100+ Head-Fier
Quick question

I'm sure many have tried this combination, so will the Shuffle drive my Shures? My Zen Xtra does it well, so is there anyone who has tried both? How does the Shuffle compare in terms of sound quality?

Just to be sure it will work, trying to get as portable as possible.

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2005 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 7
I've used the E2c/Shuffle combo quite extensively and I find that the Shuffle drives the E2c quite well. There's more than enough volume, and it has a bit better defined bass than the iPod mini or regular iPod.
I can't compare the Shuffle SQ to the Zen, though.......sorry.
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2005 at 12:24 PM Post #3 of 7
In contrast to its size, the Shuffle has very good sound quality annd puts out very ample volume. I also have E2cs. While I do use an external amp, the Shuffle has no problem driving the 16 ohm, low impedance E2cs to high levels. They are well matched for each other.

May 7, 2005 at 2:46 PM Post #4 of 7
I have Shure E2C's and I own a Muvo TX FM 512Mb and I've heard both the shuffle and this through them and the Muvo TX sounds a little better because of the Custom EQ. The Shuffle actually sounds quite good, a lot better than the normal iPod/iPod Mini. But if I had to choose between a Shuffle and a Muvo, I'd go the Muvo.

May 7, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 7
I use my E5c's with an iPod shuffle for my potable setup. Light with a very slim from factor, fits right in my pocket. You'll really appreciate this when out and about.

May 8, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #6 of 7
I got the same combo. The shuffle drives my e2 with no problems at all. Can't really comment on the SQ because I haven't had the chance to compare it with other high quality DAP.

May 8, 2005 at 8:35 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpian007
I have Shure E2C's and I own a Muvo TX FM 512Mb and I've heard both the shuffle and this through them and the Muvo TX sounds a little better because of the Custom EQ. The Shuffle actually sounds quite good, a lot better than the normal iPod/iPod Mini. But if I had to choose between a Shuffle and a Muvo, I'd go the Muvo.

Well, the main thing I want to get the Shuffle is the USB charging. The Muvo eats batteries, right?

And I've heard good things about Shuffles sound quality, so I think that's the way to go for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the answers so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back