Shure E2 & E2C... same thing?
Feb 11, 2005 at 3:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Lt_Core

100+ Head-Fier
I received my Shure E2's today. Are they the same as the E2C's? I bought them from a professional sound company and they matched Buy.com's price at $64.99. What does the C stand for? Thanks!

Feb 11, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #2 of 7
This is what I have heard and should be taken as no more fact than that I have heard that Jeff Gordon is gay...

The C in Shure's E series canalphones line stands for Consumer. The E2 and E2C are only diffirent in that the E2C is marketed to Consumers and the E2 is market at professionsal musicians and those in profession sound related industrys and that the packaging on them is diffirent. Otherwise they are exactly the same product with exactly the same sound.

See this thread...

Feb 11, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 7
definitely. i totally agree. same poop differnt smell
tongue.gif

i cant wait till the black sleeves come in so i can actually use my E2c in comfort(ear canals too small).

Feb 11, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 7
Newbie question: How do I know when I have a good seal? iPod as the source with some modern metal/hard rock.

Feb 11, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt_Core
Newbie question: How do I know when I have a good seal? iPod as the source with some modern metal/hard rock.

When people have to poke you to get your attention.
smily_headphones1.gif

You'll know when you have a good seal or not once you start using them. Without any music playing, most external noise should sound a bit muffled. With music playing, you won't be able to hear conversations at normal volume and the like. Very loud noises will, of course, still be heard (but again, muffled).

Feb 11, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 7
The way that I know if they are inserted correctly is is "shuffle" my fingers togeather and see if the level of isolation is as much as it has been when I know they are fully inserted, this of course only helps if you have had them fully inserted and actively isolating before and have shuffled your fingers togeather near your ear to hear how much of the sound you can hear, also applicable with snapping.

If you have never known that you have had them inserted all the way then you might try listening to a bass heavy track (I use IASCA recordings or those MP3s that are on all the P2P networks that you find when you look up "bass") and while it is playing "fiddling" with the insertion of the canalphone. When the seal is good the bass level should be much more than when the canalphone is only resting in the "pocket" of the ear or held next to the ear but not inserted. These are the easyest ways to tell if it is inserted correctly as far as I know. When it is hard to hear any outside noise as compared to when they are not inserted and when the bass impact picks up a few levels of magnatude.

Feb 11, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #7 of 7
Well, I got a good seal with the small foamies. When I walk around it's like "thump, thump, thump" in my ears. My first experience with canalphones. Very disturbing when you can feel your breathing. Hopefully I'll get used to them. Ears hurt like heck after trying all of the sizes. Dang!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back