Shure DJ750 for portable use?
Nov 28, 2011 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ViralRazor

Head-Fier
Interestingly I'm posting this in headphones full size.

Well I'm thinking on either buying IEMs for use on the train or the shure 750 DJs as, based on reviews, they seem to fit my sound preference really nicely while I'm out and complement my M50s; (hard rock, EDM)

Since they're $115 in Australia (actually amazing considering they were selling for $150 several months ago and Australia is known to be the land of crap value) they've interested me.

So main questions are, how well will they handle portable use (weight, size, etc.)?

And how well will they handle being tossed in a bag! (A school bag to make it even worse)

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #2 of 2

They're alright for portable use. Obviously not the most portable phone around; the cable is slightly microphonic (you can hear yourself walking), the headphones themselves creak when there's rotation. Also the cable is coiled so it either dangles weirdly like a small phone cord, or bulges up your pockets. I find putting the cable in a bag/backpack a good remedy, but the problem of changing songs or such quickly becomes a hassle. Other than that I find little problem with having them for portable use. You can wear them around your neck or fold them and chuck them into your bag, whilst the creakiness may seem like bad build quality, these actually are build like a rock and are especially pretty hard to crush if they're folded up. They supply a carry bag but I don't have the patience to use it and my 750's despite having a little nick (forget I had keys in my bag) function the same as when I first got them. The cable is also detachable which comes in handy a lot. They're actually pretty small headphones, the headband creaks because you have to stretch it so wide and makes the rotating bits tighter. Weight is average, not the lightest definitely but they won't break your neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back