Shure Dilemma
Sep 12, 2005 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

meesha

100+ Head-Fier
So my pair of E2's broke and I sent it in for repair.
Much to my surprise they sent me a brand new unopened pair.

But before I open it, I thought maybe now would be a good time to upgrade.

I've been eyeing the E4 but ipod bass issues are a problem.

If the E4 could equal the bass of the E2 I would be more than happy.

So what would you do? Open the box or sell it for another phone?

Sep 12, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 4
I'd send it to that jerb guy thats been hanging around the forum. He seems like an ok guy and IIRC his pair broke a while ago...

J/k, you've heard a higher pair and how do you think they compare, If you still like the E2C better open the box and sell the E4C on the FS section, I believe they go for 160ish (maybe higher, Havent really paid attention) if you dont like em then sell them for the $40 you may get (you might get 50 cuz their not opened but dont get your hopes too high
biggrin.gif
)

Sep 12, 2005 at 10:53 PM Post #3 of 4
Well, e4c bass is more detailed and more controlled. It is a much quality bass instead of quantity bass offered by shure e2c.

The bass is no where near silent level. It is all there, just less impactful out of iPod. What I am recommand is you upgrade to a UE super.fi pro if you are worried about too little amount of bass.

Sep 13, 2005 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 4
i haven't heard the e4's, but i have e2's,3's, and 5's.
i'd assume the e4's are somewhere along the lines of e3's...and i've found with those, that if you use say...the latin eq curve, it can thicken up the "weak" bass very nicely...it also boosts the top end a bit, so it's not too muddy. i don't really care for using eq curves (the e5's are always flat), but it can be workable...

kell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back