Shure Black/Olive foam size
Nov 24, 2010 at 8:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

josteinr

New Head-Fier
Hi

I have a pair of Westone UM3x's which I have used with the smallest comply and smallest "dark grey flangething:)", but since my old DAP died I bought an iPod touch which does not have a customizable EQ. The complys now sounds very muddy with too much midtone bass for my taste.

I have read a lot the last month trying to find some new tips which will suit the IEM's better, and it seems like people really like the Shure olive/blacks. What I'm really asking is what size should I choose? The only ones which came with the UM3x's that fit comfortably was the smallest one, so should I go for the small Shures? Just want to make sure :) And if there are tips that you think will suit my taste (mostly oldskool rock, punk and hiphop. I like bass, but not the muddy midtone excessive bass which I can't stand, I like my AKG 272hd's bass and overall balance :) ) and IEM/DAP combo better, please let me know!

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #2 of 2
I use Shure olive/black on my UM2s exclusively. It appears that you have pretty small ears, so, get the small ones. I much prefer the Shure as they keep cleaner and go in MUCH easier. You don't even need to do the wad them up/press them in and hold routing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back