Shure Black Foamies UK?
Apr 21, 2007 at 12:33 PM Post #17 of 29
I actually contacted Shure with a view to buying a bulk number and selling them over here in the UK. They said they only sell to companies who open orders for more than £10,000 pcm! I'll give the EBay guy a go. The only downside is the shipping may well take ages.

Apr 21, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #18 of 29
It's the same I thought, but I ordered my Ety plugs on monday and they arrived here TODAY. I live in Italy. I couldn't believe it, 'cuz I'm still waiting for some comic books from the US that I ordered the first days on April.

Apr 22, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #20 of 29
Apr 23, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimBob1971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have one pair of black foamies provided to me by Shure. If the ones the guy is selling are fake (which I doubt) I'll be able to spot it.

Thanks for sharing. I doubt it too, actually. Only, these Etys seem to be handmade, and also not so well.

Apr 23, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, see here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=236824
I've problem with the Ety foam tips that I've purchased from him. Maybe they are the standard tips, but they don't seem so well made to me, and my ear-canals are hurting now.

The whole pack of of ETY black foamies, which came with my ER-4P's sealed direct from Apple, all have plastic cores that stick out from the plain end of the foam by at least 2.5mm - and at the shiny end they are more or less flush or stick out between .5 on a mm to 1mm.... so I would say you have official foamies.

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from IdealSound on ebay, for both Shure and UE phones and they've only ever sent me 100% official gear. Now if they were based in China or Hong Kong then I would start panicing, in fact they would not even get my order - Idealsounds got 100% positive feedback from 7456 ebay customers all of whom I think will tell you they are super fast and super honest and great to deal with.

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by leqin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The whole pack of of ETY black foamies, which came with my ER-4P's sealed direct from Apple, all have plastic cores that stick out from the plain end of the foam by at least 2.5mm - and at the shiny end they are more or less flush or stick out between .5 on a mm to 1mm.... so I would say you have official foamies.

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from IdealSound on ebay, for both Shure and UE phones and they've only ever sent me 100% official gear. Now if they were based in China or Hong Kong then I would start panicing, in fact they would not even get my order - Idealsounds got 100% positive feedback from 7456 ebay customers all of whom I think will tell you they are super fast and super honest and great to deal with.

That's nice, mistery solved. Then I'll try buy from him also the shure black foam tips, that I believe will be MUCH more comfortable than the Etys.

Apr 23, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #29 of 29
iDealSound is the same shop as DiscountHeadphones.com and they are authorized dealers of both Shure and Etymotics, so what they sell should be genuine. And thanks for the heads up, I just bought black foamies from them after they finally got those for sale. The price difference to earphonesolutions is huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back