Shure Black Foam from DiscountHeadphones.com
Apr 12, 2008 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Jabada

100+ Head-Fier
It's the third time I ordered from DiscountHeadphones.com (iDealSound), and everytime the black olive arrived in different packages. The first time it arrived here within a ordinary ziplock bag. The second time it arrived in Shure package:
l_00015847.jpg

Now, the third time, I got some strange package again:
dscn1181dr2.jpg

The good news is: it came with Shure cleaning tool (useless for me, as I already have).
The bad news is: the foam is now harder to strech to fit other IEM brand. Take a look:
dscn1180qb7.jpg

Unless you take that "o-ring" off the inner tube it's almost impossible to do the strech trick.
Another thing I noticed is that the older foam seems to have better durability (at least they don't look as good as the old ones). Has anybody noticed that too?

Apr 12, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 2
I got the same ones with the same cut up packaging. And yes, doing the stretch mod (to fit q-Jays) was a pain in the ass. And after a week and a half, they looked disgusting. They practically disintegrated. The worst though, was when I tried to remove them. They wouldn't budge. Now, the q-Jays have a particularly wide "nozzle" compared to some IEMs, so it may be easier to remove them on other phones, but I had to fight to get those tips off my q-Jays. I caved and bought the new Jays foam tips and while they don't sound as good and aren't as isolating, at least they fit properly and sound way better than the silicone tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back