Shure Balanced Cables?
Feb 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #16 of 19
I understand what you are saying, but my question relates to the RSA SR-71B which is affordable and portable. Carrying LCD-2's around everywhere isn't my idea of fun...

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but my question relates to the RSA SR-71B which is affordable and portable. Carrying LCD-2's around everywhere isn't my idea of fun...

Oh whoops the SR-71 is balanced I forgot, yeah a lot of people get those actually in my experience! Great little amp and it's just as easy as reterminating the end! Portable amps tend to be noisy little devices in some cases, but the balanced configuration really should get that last bit of interference out!

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #18 of 19

Quote:
Carrying LCD-3's around everywhere is my idea of fun...

FTFY

Pretty well any IEM with a detachable cable can easily be set up to be driven by balanced amps, just have to reterminate its cable, assuming it's a 4 core cable that doesn't have a splice at the y-split like some of em do.  Has to have separate ground wires end to end for left & right.

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #19 of 19

Quote:
FTFY

Pretty well any IEM with a detachable cable can easily be set up to be driven by balanced amps, just have to reterminate its cable, assuming it's a 4 core cable that doesn't have a splice at the y-split like some of em do.  Has to have separate ground wires end to end for left & right.

Yeah I figured this out, not all cables are the same. There are some after market ones that are 2 core from each ear and then are twisted into each other to form the wye and are essentially 4 core all the way to the plug. In which case it's a simple soldering job with an RSA adapter.

Thanks for replies 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back