Shure and Ray Samuels customer service
Jun 24, 2007 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jabada

100+ Head-Fier
I damaged my E3c cable and was wondering how to replace it, so I sent an e-mail to Shure because everybody here say they have good customer service. But it's been well over 2 weeks since I sent the e-mail and I still have no response...
Is this because I'm from an unknown country called Brazil that sits nowhere? Because our pet is an Lion? Ow, come on, you'll find Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos arround here.
RS is even worse!
I asked if they'd send an Hornet to me, and how much would it cost. After over 2 months: nothing!
This month I ordered an Ety pouch from idealsound and was not delivered to me and I received an refund in less than 12 hours!!!!
I just hope that's some "e-mail error", not because I live in an country that is just bigger than USA and is located in the middle of nothing.

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #2 of 8
dont worry be happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 8
Not making any excuses for Ray, as I LOVE his stuff. He is extremely busy and if you don't have luck the first time, just keep at it. It is worth the wait.

Jun 24, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #5 of 8
While it may be prohibitive to call from Brasil for any reason, you can send Ray a PM via these boards, which he may respond to. Of course, if he is busy he is busy, but I've never heard of his response times being all that unreasonable. Email does get lost, etc. and is there any indication that it may be getting caught as spam? There are also users here that are affiliated with Shure and may be able to get you help? Additionally if I were you I'd insist that my dealer (presumably) contact the company on my behalf.

Regarding shipment to Brasil, my experience having shipped several times unsuccessfully is that I now refuse to do it. It's not scams as much as it seems to be that your post office has a funny way of losing items of any value. It may have just been my particular (several) experiences, and this certainly does not alleviate the desire to get a simple response, but it might factor in to hesitation regarding shipping.

Jun 24, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #6 of 8
Yeah, call Ray. He is super busy with the B-52 and Apache amps; he told me that indeed those are his first and pretty much only priority for awhile.

Jun 25, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 8
My experience with Ray was perfect. Both email and phone calls. When I called, I never expected that he would be the one to answer and was more than willing to spend some time understanding my needs and providing advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back