Shure and Ety Users: What size of sleeves do you use?
Dec 14, 2004 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

KenMui

New Head-Fier
I just switched from Sony ex71. I used small before, and they fit great.
With the Shures, even the smallest sleeve is a little too big for my canals. Am I a freak?

and how in the world did they come up with the size of large sleeves? those things are huge!

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 18
anyway, with the sony-types canalphones (e.g. md33, ex71) i use the largest sleeves cos the smallest and medium ones do not stay and seal in my ears. the shure e2c i modded them to use with the medium sony ex rubber sleeves and it fits well. the er6i, i think etys don't make different sizes for their sleeves.

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:26 AM Post #4 of 18
hm. i have a really small head (use the px200's on 3 clicks down both ears for reference) and i have no problems with the smallest shure tips. i usually use the soft flexes. got a pic of the side of your head wearing them?

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:28 AM Post #5 of 18
I use the largest silicone sleeves with my E5's, and the right one is actually a tad too small. If it were >< that much bigger, I'd get a perfect seal without playing with it every couple minutes. I guess my canals are Grand Canyons's compared to yours
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #6 of 18
triple flange tips because unfortunately I have very curved ears. almost nobody around me has that kind of ears. if I use tips other than triple flange tips or foamies, my shure phones would stick out of my ears like ety phones.

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:46 AM Post #7 of 18
I use the hard, clear, small flex tips on the Shures. I should be buying the triflanges soon though.

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
anyway, with the sony-types canalphones (e.g. md33, ex71) i use the largest sleeves cos the smallest and medium ones do not stay and seal in my ears. the shure e2c i modded them to use with the medium sony ex rubber sleeves and it fits well. the er6i, i think etys don't make different sizes for their sleeves.

well, I can fit them in my ears fine. I would just perfer a slightly smaller fit(maybe by 1mm in diameter)

Dec 14, 2004 at 7:17 AM Post #9 of 18
Mediums, but the seal in my left ear could be better. I'll order the larges next time and see how they treat me.

Dec 14, 2004 at 7:27 AM Post #10 of 18
Ety does offer different sizes for the foamies, but I always use the tri-flanges because I get better seal/isolation/bass that way. And, the foamies that came with mine seem to be inconsistently chopped off on their ends. To get much bass at all, I have to stick them in so far the inner plastic tube is touching the inside of my ear, which begins to make it raw, and I still don't get the bass I get with the tri-flanges.

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:35 PM Post #13 of 18
With my E3s, I use heavily modified triple flanges.

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:44 PM Post #14 of 18
Small silicon sleeve (E2C) is too big for me
frown.gif
Gotta use the foamies (thanks to RMA'ing the phones twice I have 3x accessories so they'll last for sometime) for now until I find some reusable earplugs small enough and modify them to fit the Shures.

Dec 14, 2004 at 5:34 PM Post #15 of 18
I use the triple flanges with my shure E5c's. If anybody uses the largest sized clear tips i have a pack of 10 that i will never use. Just hit me up with a pm and they're yours,

Mina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back