Shure 846 cable usb c recommendation vs bluetooth bt2
Dec 29, 2019 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

youngguitar

New Head-Fier
Hi I just got a shure 846 as a birthday gift and I this is the most expensive IEM i ever have so I would like to listen to it at its full potential. I listen to music on my Huawei mate 20 pro most of the time. Sometime on a macbook pro.
- I wonder what is the music quality between Shure 846 + normal usb c to 3.5mm vs Bluetooth bt2 cable vs macbook pro.
- Should I buy a more expensive usb c to 3.5mm such as ibasso dc02, Hidizs S1. How much would the improvement be?
- is 320kbps good enough for this headphone and any higher bit rate won't make any different ?
Just a sided question. Bluetooth aptx hd transfer at 24bit 48khz then what is the bit and khz of wired?
Thanks all.

Dec 29, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 2
- something like the iBasso will be an upgrade, due to better amplification and better digital to analog conversion.
- the bit rate depends primarily on the source file. The Bluetooth codec has a maximum Bit rate and sample depth that it can transmit, but if the file doesn’t have the information, that’s the limiting factor.

also, wired doesn’t have a ‘bit rate’, that’s the analog audio signal after conversion by the DAC (digital to analog converter) and the amplifier. A Bluetooth cable does the conversion and amplification of the signal.

First just try what you have. Decide for yourself. The Bluetooth cable should provide pretty great audio quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back