Shure 750dj amp (any suggestions Would be appreciated)
Dec 8, 2012 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ch1Kn

New Head-Fier
to be honest i don't have much cash (damn you head-fi
tongue.gif
) anyways i ordered a shure 750dj with my spending cash and heard that they are rather average without an amp. Currently all i use to listen to music is a psp go with all my music in 320mp3. So i'm on a budget, and i was wondering (i don't plan on getting better cans for at least a year or two btw) i may perhaps use them with my computer about 50% of the time and with my psp 50%. if you have any other suggestions (in the price range) possibly including dac/amp those will be appreciated to.

should i get a cmoy which i can get off of ebay for 35$ shipped or save up and get a fiio e11 for about 70$ shipped 

suggestions will be appreciated :)

Dec 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #2 of 4
They sound fine without an amp. Most of the time when I use mine I dont amp them.

However, I did buy a Fiio E11 with the iPod LOD just in case. Over the last couple months Ive gone through alot of headphones and it definitely comes in handy.

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
how much of an improvement do you find amped vs unamped thanks

Being that they are a 32 ohm headphone there isnt much improvement to be had. Typically the lower the impedance and higher the sensitivity the easier they are to drive with an iPod, iPhone, laptop, etc. Sure they can get louder, but its not necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back