Shure 535 Long Term Review
Oct 12, 2011 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

cjburr

New Head-Fier
Just wanted to let folks know how my Shure 535's have held up after a year in Afghanistan. In a word, flawless.

I chose the Shure 535 based on reviews here and the fact that they had the most heavy duty and removable cable that was out there at the time. As a newbie to the world of IEM's I was sure based on the reviews that the sound would be fine and indeed they are the best sounding IEM's I have ever had. Granted the only ones I had prior to these were some higher priced Sony's and the ones provided with my iPod.  Though my experience is limited I am very satisfied with the sound I get from these.

I have used them with my MacBook Pro, a Fender Mustang II amplifier for guitar practice, my iPod or iPhone while exercising  The cable has held up beautifully and it is a comfort to know that if I destroy it somehow I can just get a new cable instead of having to get new IEM's.

Sorry I can't give you an audiophile review against other IEM's out there, nor with my limited experience can I give you a colorful description of their sound. I can only say that they sound absolutely wonderful to me, are supremely comfortable, have held up under the extreme conditions without fail and I wouldn't hesitate on buying another set should I lose these somehow.

Thanks to everyone here for posting the reviews on these that helped me with my decision to buy them.
beerchug.gif

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back