Shure 530se IEM on 64g Itouch?
Jan 30, 2010 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

joplin

New Head-Fier
Its very important to know how these iem's sound on the 64g Itouch with/without EQ)
I will be using CDs as my source and recording in AIFF or ACC I hope I have the formats name correct.
The music selection is Classic Rock/80s music.
My main concern is SOUND Quality.
I have picked these phones because they are very efficient therefore low volume =loud sound.

These are the Iems I want feedback on from people that actually own the shure/64g Itouch.

Thanks
GJ
dt880smile.png

Jan 31, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 2
I own such a combination. You are right about the volume, they are lound. I use mp3Gain set to 93 dB to normalize the volume of my audio collection.
In a quiet environment I sometimes need to set the volume slider to the very minimum, on the aubway I use volume level 2 out of 16 (press volume botton on the side twice).
Get some of your music, album gain it to 93 dB and you'll get a glance of how loud this combination sounds.
SQ without EQ sounds good to me, very neutral. Can't tell you much about EQ though because I never use it.
If you use efficient phones like the SE530 you'll appriciate the touch's low noise floor, they are very unforgiving on noisy players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back