shure 530 and amp??sorry 2 ask
Apr 4, 2010 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

alexal

New Head-Fier
hi im new to portable audio so im gonna kick the dead horse so here i go. i listen to music everyday at work and wear headphones so i want awesome sounding music like my home audio so i bought a pair of shure 210 but they were missing something,bass. so ibought a pair of shure's 530 and they sound awesome even thru my ****ass iphone. so i just bought a gary;s pa2v2 amp and was wondering if that will make the 530;s really shine?? sorry for asking something thats probably been posted a thousand times on here but would like peoples 2 cents worth of info. i mean for 60 bucks for his amp i figured its low risk,i dont want to spend the cake for a tomahawk or hornet if i dont need to. but if they make 530 sound even better im all for it since i spend all day with this shures in my ears.......

Apr 4, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 6
The se530 does not really need or benifit from amping that much ,as its very easy to drive and one of the loudest iems out there, but an amp with rollable opamps can give it a more sparkly top end with the right opamp .

Apr 5, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 6
I do not like my 530s amped. They're way sensitive, and the additional power just seems to give them a harsh edge.

Apr 5, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 6
Yes I've noticed that for the most part the 530's don't really need amping and sound awesome without any amp. I do however occasionally plug them into my PD XM4 for giggles. It doesn't sound bad mind you, it's just a bit overkill in my opinion.

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 6
I hear no difference personally apart from a higher volume

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #6 of 6
My SE530s seem to get a bit tighter bass from my Total BitHead, but it wouldn't be worth the money if that's the only reason you're buying it. I use it because the onboard sound on the computers I use at work are quite terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back