Shure 530 - $289 @ amazon , good deal?
Dec 27, 2008 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

DOUGHN

100+ Head-Fier
Amazon just offered $289 for the Shure SE530? or the SE530pth version almost same price?? is it a good deal?

im looking between shure 530, UE 3-fi and Westone 3.

but im looking for a marked-down price.

thanks

-doughn

Dec 27, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 24
That's the cheapest you'll find them from an authorized seller. You could save a couple of dollars on ebay, but it's not worth the risk since Shure is pretty strict about warranty service when it comes to unauthorized sellers.

NOTE: Looks like they are sold via Amazon from Electronics Expo. Amazon is listed on Shure's website as an authorized reseller, but Electronics Expo is not.

-Pony

Dec 27, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 24
You can call Shure directly and find out if Electronics Expo is an authorized dealer. I do not believe they list all authorized dealers on their website.

Dec 28, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #4 of 24
$289 is an awesome price, considering they're normally $500 elsewhere. I would like to know why they have been marked down by nearly half, for I am also in the marker for a new pair. I also would be interested in knowing whether these IEM's would be returnable within 30 days, should I not like how they perform.

Dec 28, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 24
Didn't Shure update the cables this year due to fraying with the original design?

Is there a possibility these are older stock?

Dec 28, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron5604 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$289 is an awesome price, considering they're normally $500 elsewhere. I would like to know why they have been marked down by nearly half, for I am also in the marker for a new pair. I also would be interested in knowing whether these IEM's would be returnable within 30 days, should I not like how they perform.

They are marked down nearly half because they are pretty overpriced from shure directly and there is a large mark up on them. How can you expect to sell a 3 driver for 500 when your competition is in the 300-400 market and your product does not clearly and easily out gun them?

Dec 28, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the cheapest you'll find them from an authorized seller. You could save a couple of dollars on ebay, but it's not worth the risk since Shure is pretty strict about warranty service when it comes to unauthorized sellers.

NOTE: Looks like they are sold via Amazon from Electronics Expo. Amazon is listed on Shure's website as an authorized reseller, but Electronics Expo is not.

-Pony

i bought my old shures from there and eventually sent it in for a warranty replacement. shure replaced em no questions asked

Dec 28, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #8 of 24
Grab them. Good deal on awesome earphones.

Dec 28, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are marked down nearly half because they are pretty overpriced from shure directly and there is a large mark up on them. How can you expect to sell a 3 driver for 500 when your competition is in the 300-400 market and your product does not clearly and easily out gun them?

Ultimate Electronics also does the same thing, at least the store here --apparently expecting their customers to pay the full price as well, regardless. Clearly, most distributors will price products they import down a bit, depending on their personal mark-up w/ whom they're orignially buying from. But, nearly HALF is incredible, and unheard of! Makes you wonder in whether there's indeed some catch involved worth mentioning?

Now, (quite possibly) being a new customer to Amazon...

Do you (or anyone, for that matter) know in whether they offer a 30-day return, (same as most local retailers) should you respectfully dislike that product purchased for whatever reason?

Thanx
smile_phones.gif

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailzs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe Shure is having a sale. 6ave.com has the SE530, and 10 other Shure IEM's, 30% off with the code AFLSHURE.

how long is that code good for?

Dec 29, 2008 at 11:25 AM Post #13 of 24
or better get the UE triple.fi $299 @ amazon too..... guys help

Dec 29, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #14 of 24
If anyone was interested they should have jumped on this deal yesterday. I just looked at the SE530 and the price jumped to $326.99.

I emailed the person or company that is selling the SE530 and asked if they were an factory authorized dealer. My reply was that they were bought from a factory authorized distributor.

Dec 29, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #15 of 24
Why not get a used set here on head-fi for about $230 +- $10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back