Shure 440,thinking of buying, some questions, any owners?
Apr 7, 2010 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

heynice

Head-Fier
ok so usually i listen to music on my ipod at university in the library and not often when im walking around ( but sometimes do), so i need it not to leak sound, but i also need some comfort, i heard the 440s get really really hot that its uncomfortable after about an hour. anyone that owns 440's; how often do you listen to them outside of your house/studio? and how would u rate its comfort? About the sound quality, i already checked on it and they seem fine for me. I don't need crazy bass, just some nice sounding music...also if u have any alternatives to 440's in 100-150$ (CAD)

Thank you!

Apr 7, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 3
I had a SRH440 as my first can (see my sig). It's a great can comfort wise but it can be much better with SRH840 earpads ($17).

It is my first audiophile headphone. Before the SRH440 I listened to crappies like iBud or $5ish earphones/headphones so the improvement SQ wise is HUGE!!!

However after getting deeper in audiophile world I realize you can get better bang for the bucks. It's ATH-M50. The bass on SRH440 is not weak quantity wise but it's bloated and roll off at lower bass. The high is harsh and shrill sometimes. Other than that it's a great can but I personally much prefer M50 especially now they are sold at pretty the same price.

Apr 7, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #3 of 3
with that kind of money you may also consider Sennheiser HD-280 (very comfortable and sound good) I can find them for $120-129 in Toronto, ON

Users who are viewing this thread

Back