Shure 440 sold, need new phone
May 27, 2010 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

heynice

Head-Fier
well i sold me 440 due to discomfort, i couldnt wear them for over an hour or two (hot and heavy)...im looking for something very comfortable and sounds great. i have a d10 amp that i use with my computer, so i would like something that would work well with the amp. Im not a bass head, but i did not like the lack of bass in the 440s. i wont wear them as portables, but would like to be able to transport them...the 440's were not practical. I was looking at the senn Hd25 and ultrasone 780 and the Audio-Technica ATH-ES7, how do they compare with amp/without? my budget is now 250ish, maybe a bit more (280$ usd) if it is a big diff. open cans are fine as long as they dont leak alot, ive considered grado but apparently they leak ALOOOOT. im open to basically other kinds like portables, and iems

May 28, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 8
Man I had the 440's too and I returned them to amazon because they wrecked my big ears..So I did research on headphones for comfort and I found Audio Technica ATH 700. They are the most comfortable headphone I've ever had. They sound amazing also..amped and unamped Im using a Nuforce uDAC and its a dream. But the thing is the 700's are huge and not portable IMO...but they do make up for it in everything else. The 700's are closed backs they also make a open back called the ATHD700. Check em out!

May 28, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #4 of 8
oo nice the esw9 seems to be pretty transportable and comfortable, has anyone bought from amazon? they have it for 216, id do ebay but i see alot of ppl saying they may have gotten fake ones..and thats the last thing i need

May 29, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
oo nice the esw9 seems to be pretty transportable and comfortable, has anyone bought from amazon? they have it for 216, id do ebay but i see alot of ppl saying they may have gotten fake ones..and thats the last thing i need

I bought mine from adorama, but directly on their site (though they have an amazon shop), and I am pretty happy with them :)

May 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
has anyone here had shure 840/440 and d2000 ? they are all closed, im wondering how the comfort of the d2000 are compared to the shures

had all 3. the d200 is much cushier and doesnt press on your head

Users who are viewing this thread

Back