shure 440 amp, burn in, and pads
Apr 16, 2010 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

heynice

Head-Fier
ok so i been listening to these and have about probably 20 hours of runtime total and im just listening from my computer (using soundmax integrated hd audio), ipod touch, and receiver on the media center and the sound quality seems a bit better than my jvc inear buds i got for 40bucks..
confused_face(1).gif
, people say amps arent required for headphones that are in the 100$ price range ,so idk if buying an amp will help. I've been looking at ibasso ones, but i dont want to spend over 100 bucks to gain a very minimal jump in sq or bass. also what do u think about the portable amps, or the bbcmoy for the 440?

one more thing about the dam leather or pleather or w.e the heck that thing is, are there any covers or something i can buy? perhaps some velour pads from a diff headphone to fit on the 440's

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #2 of 3
Getting an amp (without bass boosting circuit) will not add any bass, the opposite could be the case. (cue: Zout)

The SRH440's aren't famous for deep or powerful bass.

Apr 18, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 3
^That. You could EQ them or get an amp that has a bass boost switch, but amps aren't made to add artificial things to the sound, they're made to amplify what's given to them.

The 440s aren't that bassy to begin with.

But I wouldn't suggest getting an amp as you're going to get little improvement in SQ if any unless you get a DAC for your computer or something....Amps in the <100 range aren't worth it IMO if the phones don't need the extra juice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back