Shure 215-K good for rock?
Nov 8, 2013 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jpalenzuela

Head-Fier
I have been looking for a good pair of iems for about $100. I mostly listen to alternative rock (Radiohead, Coldplay, muse, etc). Candidates are (in order of preference):
-Shure 215-K (comes with a lot of accessories which makes it more tempting)
-Brainwavz B2
-Rockit R50
-Hifiman RE400

Which one would you recommend for the type of music I listen to? Any others recommendations are appreciated.

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 3
Read up reviews for the TDK BA200s
You can get it nowadays for under $120. Very good deal, stands fairly strong even to higher price brackets

It used to be my main earphone for listening to Coldplay, very detailed without sounding harsh and sibilant on some of their early recordings like Parachutes and very forgiving with their recent albums
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 3
Read up reviews for the TDK BA200s
You can get it nowadays for under $120. Very good deal, stands fairly strong even to higher price brackets

It used to be my main earphone for listening to Coldplay, very detailed without sounding harsh and sibilant on some of their early recordings like Parachutes and very forgiving with their recent albums :tongue_smile:

It looks like a good IEM, but it costs 150$ in amazon, I would like to spend no more than 120$. Do they compare with the headphones listed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back